Corona Devo 1496

Are we concerned about the future/money/health/the unknown...and our lack of control over all of it?

Some days...we are anxious over these things...

And other days...we can get anxious over the idea (and finality) of impending death, and the reality that none of these things (NONE!) will matter the second after we take our last breath.

Yes: some days we worry about the 'now' and the 'never agains'...but not today

God's Word reminds us today that for the sake of others and our influence-for-Christ with them: it is better that I continue to live.  

Embrace life (and the calling and influence we have for Christ) today!  Live today.

Even if today's pain/sorrow/age/beliefs/trends/money/or hope have us hurrying-along the day when we will scurry-along up to Heaven...don't book the funeral home just yet

Even if we can't wait to meet Jesus, He is confirming today (through the Bible) that He has people He wants us to meet, introduce to Him, fellowship with and with whom we can continue to help grow and experience the joy of their faith.

And so, we might be torn between two desires: longing to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for us...and (opposingly) knowing (through today's Scripture) that for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live.  

So live(!) today.  

God's got work for us to be doing...and to keep doing.  

Paul (writer of Philippians) was slightly longing for death.  He was not afraid, intimidated, or clinging to his earthly life.  Paul knew God's (eternal) promises for those who love Him.  (We will finally be at home.)

For this world is not our home; we are looking forward to our everlasting home in heaven.  ~Hebrews 13:14

Paul's (slight) internal yearning for death was not sadistic, but hopeful, because he know what Jesus had said:
My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? (3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  ~John 14:2-3

Paul wasn't crazy, but it also wasn't his time yet, and the Lord allowed that truth to settle over Paul's heart.  

That same truth needs to settle over our hearts today too.

Don't worry about dying (My Father’s house has many rooms...  ~John 14:2).  

But also--don't long to go and be with Christ just yet, either.

We're here today.  We have purpose in Christ today.  And we will remain alive today so we can continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of your faith.

So let's get to it.  Leave the woes (or fantasies) of dying today, and embrace the green-light for living that God is given us.

For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. 

(21) For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 

(22) But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better. (23) I’m torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. (24) But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live.  

(25) Knowing this, I am convinced that I will remain alive so I can continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of your faith.  ~Philippians 1:20-25

~~~

REMAIN ALIVE TODAY!  If we (will choose) to live, we can do more fruitful work for Christ.  And may we partner with our Savior to serve others with His Word, His love, and by telling others of the glory of his name.

For this world is not our home; we are looking forward to our everlasting home in heaven.  (15) With Jesus’ help we will continually offer our sacrifice of praise to God by telling others of the glory of his name. (16) Don’t forget to do good and to share what you have with those in need, for such sacrifices are very pleasing to him.  ~Hebrews 13:14-16

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991