Corona Devo 1494

Our son had to buy a book for class today. We did that a long time ago.  The book lay on our kitchen counter for so many days, that I finally put it somewhere safe and out of the way until he needed it for school.

Safe and out of the way...

Today was the day he needed it for school, but where (in the world!) is that book?

We began searching late last night, and we searched, and we searched.

This morning again...we searched again: Bookshelf, junk drawer, bedrooms, cupboards...we searched.  I searched.  

It was required for class today, and he would lose points if he didn't have it.  

But he does!  

But where?

I searched more.  I got a little frantic.  I re-searched the places I had already searched.  

All of us had peered through the same titles on our bookshelf, but it wasn't until my husband looked through those (same) bindings and books that we heard three life-saving (class-points saving) words: "I found it!" 

Just before the bus came.  Just before he lost points in class today.  Just before I almost had a nervous breakdown...we searched and my husband finally found that book. 

None of us were giving up on the search for that book until we found it.

~~~

Did you know our Lord and God feels the same fervor for us, and for every last person that does not (yet) know His love for them?   

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.   ~2 Peter 3:9 

Our Lord's pursuit for us is unrelenting.  It's driven by His love and powered by His desire for our eternal salvation..which He has procured, if we will just be found by Him.

Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, Lord God of hosts.  ~Jeremiah 15:16

Did you know that God is pursuing us?  Did you know that He will not give up on searching for us?  Did you know that He has a fervor in His spirit because He knows the plans He has for us...but they cannot be accomplished without us partnering with Him. 

And He promises not to stop searching for us, even as we elude and disobey and ignore Him.  He will search and re-search every nook and cranny for us.   

Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
(8) If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
(9) If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
10 (10) Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.  ~Psalm 139:7-10

Did we know that He gives examples in the Bible so that we might know his heart for pursuing us?

  • What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? (13) And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. (14) In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish.  ~Matthew 18:12-14  
  • “Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? (9) And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ (10) In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”  ~Luke 15:8-10

If I thought was relieved, excited, and even overcome to find a book...we can't imagine or fathom the Lord's relief, His joy, and the success in His spirit when one of His children is found by Him.  He gave His only Son for this to happen.  

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.  ~John 3:16

~~~

We love Him because He first loved us.  ~I John 4:19

~~~

Did we know that God is pursuing us today?  Be found by Him

Just before the next issue occurs.  Just before we lose our temper/perspective/a loved one/control/more time.  Just before we almost have a nervous breakdown (again).  

Let God finally find us.  Be found by Him today, because He will not give up that pursuit until it is no longer possible.   

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.  

(10) But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

(11) Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives (12) as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.  ~2 Peter 3:9-12


Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991