Corona Devo 1501

I'm never quite ready for the alarm clock each morning, but this morning I didn't need it.  My eyes popped open an hour before scheduled-start (which is early enough as it is), but I wasn't tired...I was on patrol.

Prayer patrol.  I was wide-awake in spirit and body, and I felt compelled to pray for protection over my kids and husband.  So I did.

Sometimes I fall back asleep, but not today. I was driven to pray for my people.  So I did.  

I prayed in the words I know, about the situations I knew, in protection of the people I knew, and then, in the same vein of proactive prayer, I prayed for the myriad of things, situations, and people that I did not know about.  The unknowns that my kids and hubby might need protection-from or seek refuge for.

The time went quickly, and I was wide awake (in prayer) when my actual alarm went off.  

I had been called to prayer and so I prayed in the words I knew, for the people I knew, and for the things I knew.  

But most things about our lives (and the lives of our loved ones)...only God knows, and He gives us His Words to pray (for us and our people) today:

In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame.  (2) In your righteousness, rescue me and deliver me; turn your ear to me and save me.  

(3) Be my rock of refuge, to which I can always go; give the command to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress.  (4) Deliver me, my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of those who are evil and cruel.  ~Psalm 71:1-4

~~~

In many ways, we could not guess what we will encounter today, but we can look back at all of the many ways and times that God has been here for us over the years, and this is encouraging and strengthening.  

We can pray-in-trust of all that God has already done in our lives.  Building on the faith-bricks of our lives...the Bible puts these words (prayers!) in our mouth today:

For you have been my hope, Sovereign Lordmy confidence since my youth.  (6) From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother’s womb.  I will ever praise you. 

(7) My life is an example to many, because you have been my strength and protection.  ~Psalm 71: 5-7

~~~

We are weak, and depending on what we (or our loved ones) face today...we can allow fear to seep in.  Or maybe it's just plain old hurt, offense, sorrow, or targeted meanness from our enemies.  We don't want the bad guys to win, and Lord, we want you to take care of them for us:

(8) My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long.  (9) Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone.  

(10) For my enemies speak against me; those who wait to kill me conspire together.  (11) They say, “God has forsaken him; pursue him and seize him, for no one will rescue him.”  

(12) Do not be far from me, my God; come quickly, God, to help me.  (13) May my accusers perish in shame; may those who want to harm me be covered with scorn and disgrace.  ~Psalm 71:8-13

~~~

The last section of the Psalm 71 (prayer) is (in my opinion) the strongest, because the Psalmist prays in praise.  

Before he experiences God's refuge, rescue, and His protection...the writer praises God for when it will come.  Because he knows that it will come.  

As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more.  

(15) My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds, of your saving acts all day long—though I know not how to relate them all.  (16) I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, Sovereign LordI will proclaim your righteous deeds, yours alone.  (17) Since my youth, God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.  

(18) Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come.  

(19) Your righteousness, God, reaches to the heavens, you who have done great things.  Who is like you, God?  

(20) Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.  (21) You will increase my honor and comfort me once more.  

(22) I will praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, my God; I will sing praise to you with the lyre, Holy One of Israel.  

(23) My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you—I whom you have delivered. (24) My tongue will tell of your righteous acts all day long, for those who wanted to harm me have been put to shame and confusion.  ~Psalm 71:14-24

Trust the Lord today.  

Pray to Him today: For protection, for comfort, for strength, for praise.

Use your own words.

Use His Word.

Use our past-proof of Him.

Kneel in submission to Him over whatever we are facing today.

Stand in praise...because whether we have experienced it again or not...have faith that He WILL deliver us from what(ever) we encounter today.

~~~

Has God wakened (from sleep or life-routine) to pray today?  

Then pray.  Pray in the words we know about the situations we know and for the people we know.  But God also welcomes (and invites) us to put His words in our mouth (and hearts) today too.

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991