Corona Devo 1687

Everyone knows, (we can't escape it)--the election is coming.  

Lord, I was looking to Scripture for direction and confirmation in casting my vote.  I was reading in the Bible about the days of yesterday, to get your direction for today. 

And I found it. 

As I read, it felt like Jeremiah was journaling (between 630 and 580 B.C.) the happenstances and mishaps of our Nation and our leaders in 2024.

 “What sorrow awaits the leaders of my people—the shepherds of my sheep—for they have destroyed and scattered the very ones they were expected to care for,” says the Lord. 

(2) Therefore this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says to the shepherds who tend my people: “Because you have scattered my flock and driven them away and have not bestowed care on them, I will bestow punishment on you for the evil you have done,” declares the Lord.   ~Jeremiah 23:1-2

The Bible described today...as it was describing Israel yesterday.  

But, I kept reading...where were we?

And I found it. 

“I myself will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them and will bring them back to their pasture, where they will be fruitful and increase in number.  ~Jeremiah 23:3

There we are!  These verses originally (and still) foretell of the Jewish people returning to Israel, (which will occur if we believe Biblical prophecy), but God's Word is living and active (Hebrews 4:12) and it means us as well. 

There is a remnant of Believers in the U.S.A. and there are a growing number of new Believers in Christ's love and sacrifice (watch the schools, college campuses and pro-sports interviews).  God is gathering us (the remnant of His flock) and He is bringing us back to Himself (Jeremiah 23:3).  

We are the remnant (the little piece of the Believer's cloth that remains after so much of it has been ripped away, deceived, or disintegrated).  

We are the remnant, Lord!  True to you and Your Word--No matter who is in charge of the Nation or the world...but can you give us some direction?

And as I read on in the Bible, I found it.

I will place shepherds over them who will tend them, and they will no longer be afraid or terrified, nor will any be missing,” declares the Lord.  ~Jeremiah 23:4

You will appoint/place shepherds over them (us).  

Yes!!  

This is what we need--direction from God (The Bible) on how to proceed and on which way to vote.  I literally held my breath as I digested each word slowly and carefully.  

Tell us how to vote, Lord.  Confirm Your (chosen) shepherd, through Your Word.  

Show us the candidate choice whose policies most closely cling to Bible truth and teaching.  

Who should we vote for, Lord?  

You see where we are.  You know the (sad) state of American affairs, and here You are...about to speak into our hearts about what we should do and Who we should endorse.   

I read on, excitedly.

I could just sense that God was going to open my eyes and confirm my vote-to-be-cast: right here in the next words of Scripture.  

And I found it. 

 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord“when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land. 

(6) In his days Judah will be saved and Israel will live in safety.  

This is the name by which he will be called: The Lord Our Righteous Savior.  ~Jeremiah 23:5

There it was.  God's candidate for our vote and our hearts is not on any election ballot.  We can find His Name in the stars, and in each unique fingerprint, and woven into our very being.

Jesus!  His name is Jesus: The Lord Our Righteous Savior.  

Right there in black and white the Bible tells us Who to vote for and which Candidate to put our faith and hope in.  This is the name by which he will be called: The Lord Our Righteous Savior.  ~Jeremiah 23:5

Shame on me (us) for thinking that any man or woman will (come close) to fulfilling the reign that only Jesus can hold.

Who should we cast-our-ballot for as the candidate for-the-people?

Who most closely clings to Bible truth and teaching?

What's their name?... 

 I found it. 

This is the name by which he will be called: The Lord Our Righteous Savior (Jeremiah 23:5), and He is coming!  

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991