Corona Devo 20

I know that my perspective is not everyone’s perspective, and it is good for us to get a fresh perspective sometimes.

I am wading through the Corona ocean and its waves as a wife and a mom.  And some of you may not be wives or moms.  So please forgive me for my perspective when it does not align with yours.

For those of us with kids, or those of us who are teachers, or are married to teachers: WE ARE IN OUR THIRD WEEK HOME WITH THE KIDS! 

I’m sorry, was I shouting?  Or near hysteria in my tone?  I’m sure I didn’t mean it that way.  I’m sure.

The truth is, even though I joke about it, during the past weeks, the Lord has been doing some major renovation work on my heart and my appreciation (instead of dictatorship) over my kids.  Of course I have always loved them, but lately Jesus is helping me (and maybe you) to focus on my kids, and fall in love with them in a new way. 

The Bible mentions kids a lot, and Jesus is pretty clear about how he feels about children:

“But Jesus said, Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” ~Matthew 9:14

“Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him.” ~Psalm 127:3

Sure, they are a lot of work, but they are our greatest blessings too. 

Anyway, as the Lord continues to turn our hearts toward our homes and families during this Corona season (whether we like it or not!), please don’t miss the little things that are developing within our children and with them during our times together.

In our “Corona at-home world”, I am also trying to better grasp the perspective of our kids.  It’s usually much different from ours. 

Our youngest child (3rd grade) had a Corona homework assignment to write an essay on “something you love”.  (By the way, kudos the hardworking and overnight-distance-learning teachers who have sent home packets, online assignments and “classes” for the kids to be engaged in and doing.  This gives the kids some academic focus each day and gives Mama some sanity and a peace that their brains are not rotting.  Thank you!). 😊

I was pleasantly reminded and challenged to love Jesus when our 9-year old had me “read over” her “something I love" essay.  I was ready for a page about Beanie Boos or hair scrunchies or a violin.

But as Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.” ~Luke 18:17.  

Her essay was pretty deep for a 9 year-old and reminded me again that their perspective is fresh, untainted and much less cynical than ours.  The world hardens us, but the younger the child, the more clearly they see things and the more innocent they and their hearts are.  We can learn from them, especially during this time when we often don’t know which way to turn. 

Let’s turn to Jesus, and His love for us, and His love for others.

                                                         Something I Love                      by, Naomi 

Have you ever thought of something you love?  Maybe a family member or a gift?  But when you 


think about it, they won’t last forever.  People die and gifts break.  But one thing that will never 


wear out or break is the Lord Jesus Christ.  The Lord Jesus Christ is the best and most important 

thing to have, which is why I love Jesus.  The Bible tells us the “Lord is the same yesterday, 
today 

and tomorrow.”  The Lord never leaves us.  Even in the darkest and scariest of times.  Take your 

hand, stepping out with Jesus and know he will be right there with you.  I love Jesus so much I 

can’t wait to see what He does through me in the future.  The Lord also rewards us when we do 

good, whether it’s with bringing us happiness or a desire that we have.  Psalm 37:4 says, “Delight 

yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.”  

I love Jesus!  I realized over the Corona break that the Lord works through us if we have the open 

heart to let him.  The Lord never breaks or dies, he never leaves us and rewards us when we do 

good things for Him.  So what do you say: Are you ready to make Jesus your best friend?


Jesus was right, Children are a gift from the Lord. ~Psalm 127:3 

If you have the opportunity or ability to love on a child today, go for it!  And try to see things from their perspective.  We might just learn something.

Blessings,
sarah





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991