Corona Devo 77

The sweetest breaths that I will take in all year occur today and for these few days.

Lilacs are in bloom!

Their scent is a special perfume to my nostrils that brings a smile to my soul.  I just love the aroma of these little lavender bursts of bloom.  
They might be tiny, but they are so fragrant!  And alas, they only last a couple treasured days.  But I breathe them in as deeply as I can for this special week each year.  

We are not so different from the lilacs.  Sometimes our days can seem unending, but the truth is: our lives sprint past us in a blink.  
  • “Remember that my life is a breath;"  ~Job 7:7
  • "...surely all mankind is a mere breath!"  ~Psalm 39:11
  • "Man is like a breath; his days are like a passing shadow."  ~Psalm 144:4
We don't like to discuss it, but death will come to all of us one day not so far down the line.  It is inevitable, but it is also not to be feared.  If we have accepted Jesus into our heart, and admitted our sin and His sovereignty--then when our season of bloom ends on earth, we will open our eyes to a glorious eternity in Heaven.  

Like the tiny lavender flowers blooming outside my kitchen window and standing at purple attention in a vase on my table, we also have our season to bloom here on earth.  How are we spending our seasons of bloom?  

As I breathe in the deep fragrance of my lilacs, I am challenged to step away from my complaints and criticisms of myself/people/life that often choke us like weeds, and remember that our time here is short, and we have a choice (and every opportunity!) to make the most of it.

How about if we not only chose to make the most out of our lives, but did so with Christ as our guide and inspiration.  
What if our lives could be lived out for Jesus in such a way that others sensed Christ in us, saw Him in us, and "breathed Him in" by the way that we live and love others?

15 For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing...  ~2 Corinthians 2:15

I love this verse, and it is a perfect parallel as I breathe in my lilacs today.  
We can be that "sweet aroma" (if you will) to others, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  We can emit His love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23) through how we live our lives.  Or we can at least try!

Thank you, Lord for the brief but delicious bloom of lilacs.  A deep breath of them changes my entire mood!  May we have a similar effect on others for Your glory during our brief bloom here on earth.  


Blessings,
sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991