Corona Devo 165

Have you ever tried to help someone "see the light"?  

Maybe the "instructional" light, like a child that is being taught to tie shoelaces, or navigate a new phone or their first driver's license.  Sometimes we try to instruct and explain to help others.

Or maybe you have tried to shine the Jesus "light" on someone.  God has touched your life and you want to share that, explain that, spread that to others.  If I die tomorrow but I have taught and lived in a way that my children understand the love and purpose that God has for them, and they catch a glimpse/realize/GET IT about living for Him, then my job here is done.  And if anyone is drawn a tiny bit closer to the light of Christ because of how we have lived our lives, then we have accomplished much.  

Daily, I want to draw nearer to God.  I love His knowledge and I have a (healthy/obedient/awe-filled) fear of the Lord.  I love the "advice" that He gives me (through his Word), even when it's hard for me to swallow, and I do pay attention when He corrects me.  I know that all of it is for my growth in Him and to glorify His name.  

Sure, I fall short.  Don't we all?  It's a daily and sometimes hourly struggle to stay connected to Jesus and to live out our faith.  But the thrill and pleasure and fulfillment of being in His will trumps every other feeling...ever.  I keep failing, but He keeps welcoming us back and setting us on His path one more time.  It's an exhausting and repetitive and exhilarating journey.  And I think it is our life's conquest.

It is worth it to stay the course.  

Those that choose-their-own-adventure, and choose to turn-away from God's adventure end up regretting it, if not today, they will on Judgement Day.  Pride, arrogance and short-term success may prevent them from admitting it or even realizing it, but God's way is always better.  However, He always leaves the choice to us.  

For they hated knowledge and chose not to fear the Lord.  

30 They rejected my advice and paid no attention when I corrected them.

31 Therefore, they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way, choking on their own schemes.

32 For simpletons turn away from me—to death.  Fools are destroyed by their own complacency.

33 But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm.”  ~Proverbs 1:29-33

Maybe it is because my husband and I are in the throes of life-instruction: trying to raise little humans who turn into adults who love the Lord.  Or maybe it is because I have a broken-heart for people that are close to my heart but far from Jesus.  It is hard to watch a friend or family-member choose not to fear the Lord...reject (God's) advice and pay no attention when (God) corrected them. 

These are strong choices and they carry painful consequences and results.  Results that affect the person choosing that path, but others are hurt in the wake of the damage too. 

Do you know anyone eating the bitter fruit of living their own way?  Pray for them.  Ask the Lord to soften their hearts and open their eyes to Him.  And if that is you today, ask the Lord for the same blessings: to soften your heart and open your eyes.  He will.

The promises for us are worth it.  Worth striving to "see the light", God's light.

But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm.”  ~Proverbs 1:33

Lord, just for today, allow us to see Your light, and shine it for others.

Blessings,

Sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991