Corona Devo 259

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. 36 I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’  ~Matthew 25:34-36
Heavenly Father, please open our eyes to see what You see in others, and in their situations.  Help us to SEE others, and to meet them where they are at, and to bring Your Light into their darkness.    
For I was hungry, and you fed me. (Matthew 25:35)
Lord, for those in our lives/workplaces/extended families/neighborhoods/homes that are hungry: let us seize the opportunity to feed them.  For those hungry-for-attention, let us build into them with time and love.  For those hungry-for-companionship, let us make the effort to comfort them: in person when possible, or by phone/email/package or letter.  For those hungry-for-love, let us introduce You, Jesus.  Help us to reveal to them the understanding that no earthly relationship will fill the love-gap that each of us have, because only You sufficiently fill our emptiness. 
Lord, for those that are hungry, please show us any effort in our purview by which we can feed them.

 I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. (Matthew 25:35)
Sometimes we are aware of our thirst, like on a hot day, or after too many salty chips, or at the end of workout.  We are thirsty. 
But many times (spiritually speaking), we are unaware of our thirst for Jesus/His presence/His refreshment in our life and heart: all we know is that we are hurried, impatient, bothered or distracted.  And yet when He quenches us through His Word or one of His people, we realize instantly how parched we were and how refreshing He is.  
Jesus, allow us to see those who are thirsting right now.  Grant us a sense for their dryness and open the door for us to quench them in Your name with kindness, hope, and love.  In the same way that you refresh us, allow us the privilege of bringing your refreshment to others.   

I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home.  (Matthew 25:35)
Lord, when we were strangers to You because of our sin, you invited us in.  You gave us more than shelter, but hope for today and a home for eternity.  
Open our hearts to "strangers" in need of a home today.  Slow us down to get-to-know people we pass and frequent.  They should remain strangers to us no longer, and humble us to invite them in to our hearts and lives, just as you did for us, Lord.

I was naked, and you gave me clothing.  (Matthew 25:36)
Lord, people's norms are wearing thin.  The past year has wreaked havoc on our minds and our peace, and if sanity/normalcy/wholeness were clothing, then I see many frantically running naked in their lives today.  Our realities have been challenged and without You, Lord, there is no safe place: we are naked.  
Let us offer Your warmth to the naked.  Let us provide Your coat of hope to others who are threadbare in their faith and have been stripped naked by anxiety and fear.  You clothe us, Lord.

I was sick, and you cared for me.  (Matthew 25:36)
One word spans so much right now, Lord.  Sick.  Some are heart-sick.  Unable to find solid-ground to stand on in the shifting sands of Covid and its all-encompassing effect on our society.  The perpetual unknown is depressing us.  God of Heaven, grant us the privilege of caring for these sick with Your truths and Your hope.  
Sick.  Our earthly world runs rampant with physical and emotional sickness.  Lord, give us courage to encourage the sick and hurting.  Let us use our unique gifts from You to bring healing to their hearts.  
Lord, our world is sick.  We have strayed from You and Your ways.  Bring healing to our Nation and to us, Lord.

I was in prison, and you visited me.  (Matthew 25:36)
So many are in prisons of thought and emotion.  Father, please also open our eyes to the countless prisoners that Corona and other fears have taken captive.  Prisoners in their homes, prisoners to the "news", and prisoners to their minds.  Lord, only You can free us.  
Let us "visit" anyone imprisoned and bring Your light and truth of freedom into their cell.  We are not captives when we know You, Lord.

37 “Then these righteous ones will reply, ‘Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? 39 When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?’
40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’  (Matthew 25:37-40).

"The King" is God, and his (humble) righteous ones did not keep track of their good deeds and their outreaches to others.  No, they just served when there was a need and loved when someone needed loved.  This is what God desires on our service to Him: humility and compassion.  The people-in-need around us are plenty.  Lord, open our hearts and move our feet to serve those who are hungry, thirsty, strangers, naked, sick, and in prison today.  Our service to others is an outpouring of our service to You.  
May we embrace the toil of serving You today, as we also claim Your promise of tomorrow:  Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world (Matthew 25:34).
Blessings,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991