Corona Devo 348

Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit.  ~3 John 1:2

I strive, am committed to, and feel compelled in my daily attempt to be strong in spirit, but please do not ask how I am doing at being healthy in body.

In a number of places the Bible reminds us to strive, be committed to, and feel compelled to be healthy in body and I am also feeling the Lord encourage me through real-people examples in my life as well.  

My niece and nephew (ages 5 and 9) ran a "fun run" the other day.  Good for them!  Were you running at that age?  Why am I not choosing to have "fun" in  exercise today?

I have witnessed 3 people in the last month do a "handstand-push-up" in front of me.  (It is exactly what it sounds like.)  It requires such strength!  Where (if anywhere) is my physical strength being displayed in my life today?  

One of my best friends does a 5 A.M. spin class.  I admire her drive and obedience to participate in exercise so early in the morning!  God is calling us to have drive and obedience in developing a healthy body in addition to a healthy spirit (at any time of the day). 

In my inbox I recently found an email advertising for local upcoming marathons and it showcased a photo of my brother finishing strong in a previous race.  Way to go, Bro!  Life is a marathon, and even if we are strong in spirit, we will not run a very long race if we are not healthy in body.

My husband works out daily and our children participate in multiple practices a week, keeping them active and challenged...and healthy.  My daily "practices" often include coffee and diet Coke, which keep me neither healthy or challenged.  

Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit.  ~3 John 1:2 

And then there's me.  (And maybe you?)  I pray that you are one of the healthy ones, but if you have meant to be more active, be encouraged today and join me in deciding to unite our spiritual and physical intentions, in an effort to more fully glorify God.  Our souls are His, but our bodies are too.  Why wouldn't we choose to be deliberate in glorifying Him by taking better care of our vessel day to day?

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.  ~ 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Our good and gracious God bought (us) at a price.  The price of His Son on the cross.  

God knit (us) together in (our) mother’s womb (Psalm 139:13).  That makes us His.  That makes our soul and body His.  What should we do with that knowledge?  Should we have another brownie?  No!  We should therefore honor God with your bodies (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). 

When I borrow something from a friend (crock pot, book, tool/appliance), it's important to me to return it in at-least-as-good-of-shape as I got it in. 

Doesn't the exact same rule/obligation apply to our bodies, which God gave to us?  Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit... You are not your own...Therefore honor God with your bodies.  (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).  We are not our own.  God made us, and gave us our bodies: How am I living out this reciprocal cycle of caring for my body and my spirit?  And if we are not keeping our "end of the bargain", then today is the day to make a healthy choice.  It starts with a decision, and that decision comes from knowledge, or knowing: Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit...Therefore honor God with your bodies.  ~ 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

I keep repeating the Scripture, but that is because God is hammering it into me so that I realize He is serious about this .  He is speaking to me.  Not just to "active" people, or "healthy" people, or "other" people.  God is speaking to me about my body being a temple of the Holy Spirit.  He is speaking to you too.

Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit.  ~3 John 1:2

I want all to be well with me, and I want to be as healthy in body as (I am) strong in spirit.  

Let's get healthy and strong together: in body and spirit.  

When the realization of God's purpose in this sinks in, it feels less like an order from a drill sergeant and more like a doctor's orders for better living.  

Dear friend, be encouraged today and join me in deciding to unite our spiritual and physical intentions, in an effort to more fully glorify God.  Our souls are His, but our bodies are too.  Why wouldn't we choose to be deliberate in glorifying Him by taking better care of our vessel day to day?

Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit.  ~3 John 1:2

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991