Corona Devo 407

Do you dictate your thoughts in a diary?

Do you jot in a journal?

Do you have a notebook to record prayers and praises and notable daily events?

Do you keep a written record of (your) progress, the stages of (your) march, identified by the different places where (you've) stopped along the way?

We should.

A written record gives us proof of our prayers. It gives us something to refer to, review, and rejoice in...when time has passed and we see how God has "worked things out" and to stay persistent in prayer for those things that He is still working on.

But it's not actually my advice to "keep a written record", you don't need my advice. But we do need God's. And if He recommended to Moses to "keep a written record", then there must be value in it for us as well:

This is the route the Israelites followed as they marched out of Egypt under the leadership of Moses and Aaron. (2) At the Lord’s direction, Moses kept a written record of their progress. These are the stages of their march, identified by the different places where they stopped along the way. ~Numbers 33:1-2

I see a complete correlation between Moses keeping a written record about the Israelites' journey to the Promised Land under God's direction...and us taking notes and jotting prayers and ideas relating to our daily and yearly journeys under God's direction.

These are the stages of their march, identified by the different places where they stopped along the way. ~Numbers 33:1-2

Have you ever taken a moment to "look back", and recognize the "stages" of a particular part of your life "march"?

I recently had an opportunity. I came to the last page in my Bible-study notebook journal, and so I took a minute to flip through the pages.

One of the stages in those pages was the progression of our daughter transferring to public school from Christian private. Prayers for discernment and leading were scribbled in the margins of so many of those pages.

Then I came to a Winter entry about "running into" an acquaintance at the grocery store, a place where (I had) stopped along the way. This woman had a daughter that would be in our daughter's grade if we transferred. She was warm and inviting and positive about the idea of us transferring. This was a stage of (our) march, but I didn't know it at the time. (I'm glad I kept a written record.) Today our daughter's are best buddies and they share a camraderie that is deeper than any friendship our daughter has previously known.

Taped to one of the pages in my journal was a handwritten list of afterschool activities that my daughter had handed me (while in the spring of her 3rd grade year), while proudly announcing that "These are the clubs and activities that I'm going to join next year at my new school." She had found them listed on the school's website.

I wasn't ready for her to make the school switch yet (my boys had stayed at a Christian academy through 5th grade.) But in reviewing my journal and my repeated written prayers for the Lord to "confirm" our steps and direction, I realized that even if I wasn't ready, our daughter was.

I was reminded of the stages of (our) school-transfer march, and the different places where (we) stopped along the way because I had kept a written record of (our) progress (Numbers 33:2).

Wrapping up her first year at the new school, she's made new friends, and is enjoying a best friend at school for the first time. She's a part of every one of those clubs, and she has flourished and been challenged in ways that God knew were possible before I did.

This process and advice of journaling our lives/our prayers/our fears/our joys/and praises was God's idea for the Israelites and also us. So we would be able to look back and see God's hand along the way, even when we had no idea about it at the time. And also so that we would not forget the blessings He provides and the comfort He gives. When something is written, it can be reviewed (and re-lived!) and it can be passed down.

This is the route the Israelites followed as they marched out of Egypt under the leadership of Moses and Aaron. (2) At the Lord’s direction, Moses kept a written record of their progress. These are the stages of their march, identified by the different places where they stopped along the way. ~Numbers 33:1-2

A written record gives us proof of our prayers. It gives us something to refer to, review, and rejoice in...when time has passed and we see how God has "worked things out" and to stay persistent in prayer for those things that He is still working on.

Today, even if it sounds intimidating, let's grab a notebook and begin to keep a written record of (our) progress...and the stages of (our) march, identified by the different places where (we) stop along the way (Numbers 33:1-2).

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991