Corona Devo 506

If only we knew. If only we understood how carefully our Heavenly Father wants to care for us. To bless us, to take the load from our shoulders and to free us from the heavy tasks that we have piled upon our backs and minds.

God whispers to us today--"Let Me have your load."

And if you are like me, you may relent from shouldering the load...for a time. Or you may collapse under it. You may even honestly lay it down before Him and give it over.

But we pick it back up, don't we? The worry/the relationship/the money/the health concern/the future/the past/the lack-of-control over something that we cannot accept the idea of accepting.

What if we trusted God to handle that load?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard a...voice say, (6) “Now I will take the load from your shoulders; I will free your hands from their heavy tasks.  

(7) You cried to me in trouble, and I saved you; I answered out of the thundercloud and tested your faith when there was no water at Meribah. 

(8)  Hear me, my people, and I will warn you—if you would only listen to me, Israel! 

(9) You shall have no foreign god among you; you shall not worship any god other than me. 

(10) I am the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt.  Open wide your mouth and I will fill it. 

(11) “But my people would not listen to me; Israel would not submit to me.  (12) So I gave them over to their stubborn hearts to follow their own devices. 

(13) “If my people would only listen to me, if Israel would only follow my ways, (14) how quickly I would subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes! 

(15) Those who hate the Lord would cringe before him, and their punishment would last forever.

(16) But you would be fed with the finest of wheat; with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.”  ~Psalm 81:5-16

This Psalm tells the story of the Israelites and their burdens and trials as they progressed toward the Promised Land. The troubles they had and the loads (emotional and physical) that they bore were real. Ours are too.

When they cried to The Lord in trouble He heard their cries and took the load from their shoulders and He freed their hands from their heavy tasks.  (Psalm 81:6-7).

God can and will alleviate us from our load too.  

I love the Truth and the image that God speaks into us today: I am the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt.  Open wide your mouth and I will fill it. (Psalm 81:10).

He brings us out, and then He fills our hungry spirit with Himself.  There is nothing more fulfilling.

But why can't we stay in that "place", where we allow the Lord to shoulder our burden and bear the weight of our load?   

God wonders that too: “If my people would only listen to me, if Israel (Sarah, Jane, Joe, Your Name) would only follow my ways, (14) how quickly I would subdue their enemies and turn my hand against their foes!" (Psalm 81:13-14)

So let's drop our loads and listen to Him. Aren't we weary from attempting to subdue our enemies (mental and physical) on our own?

If only we knew. If only we understood how carefully our Heavenly Father wants to care for us. To bless us, to take the load from our shoulders and to free us from the heavy tasks that we have piled upon our backs and minds.

God whispers His Word to us today because He sees us struggling under the weight--"Let Me have your load."

Are we hungry for Him today? Hungry enough to drop our load and to open ourselves to His strength over it? He says to us: Open wide your mouth and I will fill it. (Psalm 81:10). 

Lord, fill us today. With Your relief, Your strength and Your renewal. Free us from the burdens on our backs and the loads weighing down our hearts and minds, Lord. We will trust You today. Take the load from our shoulders.  Amen.

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991