Corona Devo 627

Lord, why is it in our nature to have "much to say" and to "condemn" others?

For doing things differently than us...For seeing things differently than us...For raising their kids/managing their money/living their life/driving that speed/choosing that "doneness" on their burger or steak/for that haircut, that car, that...anything that others do differently than us can cause us to have "much to say" about them and to "condemn" them.

But that is not God's way.

And we want to live God's way.

He created us to in His image (So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. ~Genesis 1:27), and that does not just mean physical likeness. It means we were created to emulate God's heart, his love, his holiness to others, and we were also created not to emulate the things that He does not do.

God's word reminds us today of what Jesus didn't do as He lived in the image of His Heavenly Father.

Jesus continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You belong to this world; I do not. (24) That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am who I claim to be, you will die in your sins.”

(25) “Who are you?” they demanded.

Jesus replied, “The one I have always claimed to be. (26) I have much to say about you and much to condemn, but I won’t. For I say only what I have heard from the one who sent me, and he is completely truthful.” ~John 8:23-26

~~~~~~~~~~~

I have much to say about you and much to condemn, but I won’t. ~John 8:23-27

God's nature towards His children is not condemnation. (Depending on your "church-upbringing---this is mind-blowing, but know that this is what the Bible says, which is what God says. Many of our taught "religious beliefs and rules" are made by men and not God. There is freedom in knowing God's word!)

Jesus does not say that God affirms, condones, or accepts our sin, but Jesus does say that (in patterning after His Father) He does not condemn us of our sin. (For I say only what I have heard from the one who sent me, and he is completely truthful.” ~John 8:26).

Here's the biggie if we are seeking to live like Jesus (Which we are!), then we also do not condemn (express complete disapproval of, typically in public; censure) others.

I have much to say about you and much to condemn, but I won’t. ~John 8:26

Practice preaching this to yourself today. I sure have to. The example that Jesus lived-out concerning this often-fouled-up spiritual "practice" (condemning others) hinges on the last part of his sentence: "but I won't" (John 8:26).

Jesus was the Son of God. He was sinless and perfect in every way.

We are the sons and daughters of imperfect men and women that may or may not even know God. And our best earthly efforts, even in full belief of God and His Son, are imperfect and tainted and doused with sinful intentions. We are nowhere near as holy as Jesus...and so why do we so often go beyond His choice "not to condemn" and feel vindicated in judging others?

Jesus had friends, siblings, extended family, co-workers, neighbors, church members, and although He was (is!) sinless in comparison to them, when it came down to condemning them, He said that although he could..."I won't" (John 8:26).

So then, why do we?

Why do we feel so free to tell (verbally or in-our-minds) everyone else how to run their lives (as we see fit)?

Why do we "have much to say about you and much to condemn", about others, when Jesus (the sinless Son of God!) chose not to.

God's word speaks life and His example into us today: "but I won't" (John 8:26).

Just for today (and then give it a fresh try tomorrow) let's stop "saying much" about others. Let's stop condemning.

Let's seek to live in God's ways, as Jesus did. Because Jesus did not (but I won't) condemn others, they saw/sensed/experienced something different/counter-cultural/True in Him. Jesus said only what he had heard from the one who sent me, and he is completely truthful.” (John 8:26). And by living among others in this way, people were affected by Jesus. He produced willing change/repentance in them that the shame of condemnation cannot bring.

That's God's way.

Our way is to have much to say...and much to condemn (John 8:26), but the example of Jesus teaches us God's way.

Today I won’t.

What if others saw/sensed/experienced that truthfulness of God in us?

What if others...what if one did not die in their sins (John 8:24) because we lived and loved as Jesus did (without condemnation).

I have much to say about you and much to condemn, but I won’t. For I say only what I have heard from the one who sent me, and he is completely truthful.” ~John 8:26

Blessings,

Sarah
https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991