Corona Devo 658

Overwhelmed? By the pressures/requirements/expectations of today?

Underwhelmed? (I thought life/marriage/parenting/work/school would be easier/simpler/more joyful/less expensive/more "ideal"/less "emptying"...

I went to bed and woke up tangled in these ropes, and overtaken by their (mental) intimidation and weight. I saw only trouble and sorrow.

I loved my mom, but she is gone.

I love my husband, but he can't be my savior.

I love my kids, but they are kids.

I love my family, but they have their own "stuff". Everyone does.

I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. (Psalm 116:1)

That was my unspoken "ask" today: that someone would hear my voice. And while the world and even those close to us are otherwise-occupied, I love the Lord because he hears our voice and because he bends down to listen (Psalm 116:1-2).

We can trust Him on this, today, tomorrow, and as long as we have breath! (Psalm 116:2).

Death wrapped its ropes around me; the terrors of the grave overtook me.  I saw only trouble and sorrow. (Psalm 116:3).

If and when (emotional/mental/spiritual/physical factors) wrap their ropes around us, and the terrors of the grave overtake us, and we see only trouble and sorrow (Psalm 116:3)...Then I called on the name of the Lord: “Please, Lord, save me!” (Psalm 116:4)

Call on Him. Call out to him. Whisper His name in times of desperation. Shout His name in hope/anger/fear. Then I called on the name of the Lord: “Please, Lord, save me!” (Psalm 116:4)

And I did call on His name. And you (always) can too. It's the only Name that brings change, sanity, peace, and hope. I searched His Word and Psalm 116 stepped forward. (Thank You, Jesus: I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. ~Psalm 116:1.)

(5) How kind the Lord is! How good he is!  So merciful, this God of ours!

(6) The Lord protects those of childlike faith; I was facing death, and he saved me.

(7) Let my soul be at rest again, for the Lord has been good to me.

(8) He has saved me from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling.

(9) And so I walk in the Lord’s presence as I live here on earth! 

(10) I believed in you, so I said, “I am deeply troubled, Lord.”  

(11) In my anxiety I cried out to you...

He is so good to us. His presence is real and His covering is palpable. May we sense Him and experience His peace today and right now over any and all ropes that wrap us and terrors, troubles, and sorrows that overtake us. Let my soul be at rest again, for the Lord has been good to me (verse 7). Amen.

His presence is real and His covering is palpable, and how can we say "Thank You"?

(12) What can I offer the Lord for all he has done for me?

(13) I will lift up the cup of salvation and praise the Lord’s name for saving me.

(14) I will keep my promises to the Lord in the presence of all his people...

(16) O Lord, I am your servant; yes, I am your servant, born into your household; you have freed me from my chains.

(17) I will offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord.

(18) I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people—(19) ...Praise the Lord!  ~Psalm 116:12-14, 16-19

I will lift up the cup of salvation and praise the Lord’s name for saving me. (verse 13). This is what we do in response to Him and because he hears our voice and our prayer for mercy today.

How we will do it (how we will keep our promises to the Lord in the presence of all his people) will vary from me to you, but in our smile, in our work-ethic, in our perseverance-through-the-muck, in our marriages/parenting/relationships/families, in our lives-lived-for-Him and because he bends down to listen (verse 2)...

I will offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving and... (18) I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people... (Psalm 116:17-18). Amen.

I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy today and now. (Psalm 116:1)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(1) I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy.

(2) Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!

(3) Death wrapped its ropes around me; the terrors of the grave overtook me.  I saw only trouble and sorrow.

(4) Then I called on the name of the Lord: “Please, Lord, save me!”

(5) How kind the Lord is! How good he is!  So merciful, this God of ours!

(6) The Lord protects those of childlike faith; I was facing death, and he saved me.

(7) Let my soul be at rest again, for the Lord has been good to me.

(8) He has saved me from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling.

(9) And so I walk in the Lord’s presence as I live here on earth! 

(10) I believed in you, so I said, “I am deeply troubled, Lord.”  

(11) In my anxiety I cried out to you, “These people are all liars!”

(12) What can I offer the Lord for all he has done for me?

(13) I will lift up the cup of salvation and praise the Lord’s name for saving me.

(14) I will keep my promises to the Lord in the presence of all his people.

(15) The Lord cares deeply when his loved ones die.

(16) O Lord, I am your servant; yes, I am your servant, born into your household; you have freed me from my chains.

(17) I will offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving and call on the name of the Lord.

(18) I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people—

(19) in the house of the Lord in the heart of Jerusalem.  Praise the Lord!  ~Psalm 116:1-19


Blessings, 

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991