Corona Devo 911

I sent 40 texts yesterday, inviting people to Jesus.  Our sons sent 40 more. 

For us, this week kicks off their high school Christian student group, and while I have always had a big mouth, I try to use it (now) for Jesus, and this week that means after school invites. 

How can we keep quiet about the best thing that has ever happened to us?  

A changed life for Jesus begins with a life encountering Jesus, and that takes invitation.  That takes introduction.  And that takes intention.  So let's get intentional today.

Is it awkward to invite someone to church, Bible study, or just out-to-coffee with the intention of chatting with them about Jesus and the effect He's had on our lives?  Yes.  It's extremely awkward.  Humbling.  Socially bold and a bit radical.  But if we have experienced life-change as a result of meeting Jesus...how can we not?

I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes... ~2 Samuel 6:22 

Every bullet under our job-description as Christ-followers tells us to boldly proclaim the name of Jesus and how He has changed us and our lives.  The before and after pictures of our lives should be crazy.

Are we crazy for Christ and for sharing the life-changing news of what knowing Him means?

I want to be.  And Paul was.

Paul was raised in Bible-school and he had the best degrees and the highest societal standings.  Paul could argue professionally and academically, and he was cold-blooded when it came to persecuting the "new" Believers who spoke of a resurrected Jesus.  You didn't mess with Paul.

But one day, Jesus messed with Paul, and Paul was never the same again.  Meeting Jesus will do that for us.  The before and after pictures of our lives will be crazy.

And Paul's were.  He had always had a big mouth, but now, he used it for Jesus.  Over and over and over he told his story of conversion to anyone willing to listen.   

How can we keep quiet about the best thing that has ever happened to us?  

Then Agrippa said to Paul, “You may speak in your defense.”  So Paul, gesturing with his hand, started his defense: ...(4) “As the Jewish leaders are well aware, I was given a thorough Jewish training from my earliest childhood among my own people and in Jerusalem. (5) If they would admit it, they know that I have been a member of the Pharisees, the strictest sect of our religion. (6) Now I am on trial because of my hope in the fulfillment of God’s promise made to our ancestors. (7) ...Yet, Your Majesty, they accuse me for having this hope!...

(9) “I used to believe that I ought to do everything I could to oppose the very name of Jesus the Nazarene.  ~Acts 26:3-9

And while on trial before King Agrippa and Festus, Paul went on to explain that he persecuted Christ-followers (thinking they were misled), until one day Paul "met Jesus" as he traveled on a road and and (13) ...a light from heaven brighter than the sun shone down on me and my companions. (14) We all fell down, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It is useless for you to fight against my will.’ 

(15) ...“And the Lord replied, ‘I am Jesus, the one you are persecuting. (16) Now get to your feet! For I have appeared to you to appoint you as my servant and witness. Tell people that you have seen me... (17) ...Yes, I am sending you to the Gentiles (18) to open their eyes, so they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then they will receive forgiveness for their sins and be given a place among God’s people, who are set apart by faith in me.’  ~Acts 26:13-18

Paul was changed!  Paul was affected by Jesus and for Jesus!  And Paul's address sounded awkward to the jury.  He humbled himself in laying it all out before them.  Paul was being socially bold and a bit radical.  And they thought he was crazy!  

(24) Suddenly, Festus shouted, “Paul, you are insane. Too much study has made you crazy!”   ~Acts 26:24

I love this quote from the Bible!  OH, that others might think that we are CRAZY because we have studied the Bible too much!  What a beautiful compliment to a Believer's heart.  

Let them think we are crazy.  How can we keep quiet about the best thing that has ever happened to us?  

(25) But Paul replied, “I am not insane, Most Excellent Festus. What I am saying is the sober truth. (26) And King Agrippa knows about these things... (27) King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I know you do—”  

(28) Agrippa interrupted him. “Do you think you can persuade me to become a Christian so quickly?” 

Agippa knew exactly what Paul was trying to do...get him to be a Believer in Jesus!  

Paul knew that a changed life for Jesus began with a life encountering Jesus, and Paul got intentional about sharing and inviting Agrippa to follow Jesus.  

Was it awkward?  Yes.  Was it humbling for Paul to be called out about it?   Yes.  Socially bold and a bit radical too, but Paul's changed-life mantra for Jesus was...how can we not?

(28) Agrippa interrupted him. “Do you think you can persuade me to become a Christian so quickly?” 

(29) Paul replied, “Whether quickly or not, I pray to God that both you and everyone here in this audience might become the same as I am, except for these chains.”  ~Acts 26:28-29

Paul's prayer should be the cry of our hearts as well.  Slow or fast, immediate or a-process-over-time...I pray to God that...you and everyone here in this audience might become (a Christian).

    So today, send the text inviting someone (or 40 someone's) to church or Bible study.  

    So today, use your big mouth to tell the story of how God changed your heart/life/eternity when He         met us on the road of our (spiritual) conversion.  

    So today, be humbled, be socially bold and be a bit radical for Jesus. 

Because how can we keep quiet about the best thing that has ever happened to us?  


Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991