Corona Devo 942

In that moment, when the crisis hits, or the news comes, or the phone rings...God is with us and in the Lord I take refuge (Psalm 11:1).

In that moment when worry, anxiety, intimidation or hallucination overtakes our mind...God is with us and in the Lord I take refuge (Psalm 11:1).

In that continued moment, when the emergency becomes ongoing, when the pain becomes chronic, or when the unknown becomes a state-of-being...God is with us and in the Lord I take refuge (Psalm 11:1).

We can take refuge in Him.  We can stand firm in our Lord and in the rock-solid trust that He is holding us in the palm of His hand.  Our faith in God the Father and our belief in Jesus Christ the Risen Savior are active cultures living within us at all times, but in that moment they rise, they inflate, they become the active ingredient in our lives.  Our faith and belief in the Lord become our beacon during life's most treacherous storms.  

So cling to Him in that moment, don't flee.   

In the Lord I take refuge.  How then can you say to me: “Flee like a bird to your mountain."  ~Psalm 11:1

Our flesh and fears will tempt us to flail, but we can't flee.   In today's storm, we can remember, trust and have faith, but don't flee.  

And even when the pink slip comes, the persecution persists, the storm rages, the evil appears to have won, and even "When the foundations are being destroyed, what can the righteous do?" (Psalm 11:3).

What can we do when surrounded by darkness?  We can know and trust the Source of Light.

The Lord is in his holy temple; the Lord is on his heavenly throne.  He observes everyone on earth; his eyes examine them.  ~Psalm 11:4

Even when the storm surges or the wicked advance...The Lord is in his holy temple; the Lord is on his heavenly throne (Psalm 11:4).

What does that mean?

It means that God is in control.  Though our earthly foundations or our emotional well-being may be split-down-the-center...nothing is a surprise to Him.  God is never caught off guard and He is never not in dominion.

Why the tragedy?  Why the sorrow?  Why the natural disaster, emotional upheaval or bodily decay?  

I know not.  

But we can know God in the midst of it.  In the Lord I take refuge.  ~Psalm 11:1

We can trust God in the process of it.  In the Lord I take refuge.  ~Psalm 11:1

We can cling to Christ in the middle of it.  In the Lord I take refuge.  ~Psalm 11:1

And we can know that God is in control, even in the chaos of it.  The Lord is in his holy temple; the Lord is on his heavenly throne.  ~Psalm 11:4


In that moment today...God is with us and in the Lord I take refuge (Psalm 11:1).

God is in that moment with us.

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  ~Isaiah 41:10


Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991