Corona Devo 970

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.  The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense;  he has become my salvation.”  ~Isaiah 12:2

Resilience.

Fortitude.

Perseverance.

Hope.  

These are ours as Believers and Followers of Christ.

And we need them.

~~~

What did we "wake up to" today?

If there is heaviness on our heart, fear in our minds, a cloud of depression over our heads, or we just want to crawl back in bed...be reminded today that with Jesus we have hope even when we don't feel any.   

~~~ 

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.  ~Isaiah 54:10

Four weeks (twenty-eight-long-days) have passed since the worst hurricane in over 100 years hit Fort Myers Florida.  The physical devastation was catastrophic, and what about the emotional toll?  The shock of seeing your city, your homes, and your people wrecked...and the depression of continuing to see the rubble and dysfunction around you day after day...could overtake you.

But instead, the stories of strength keep emerging.  The tales of community, selflessness and hope continue to be written with people's lives.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”  ~Joshua 1:9

Bridges built in days to rescue stranded people, churches providing prayer and necessities, and God's people continuing to come together in hope and gratitude throughout the difficult journey.  

See, I am doing a new thing!  Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?  I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.  ~Isaiah 43:19

My sister and family lived through it, and continue to.  Their hearts are not hard but softened.  Their gratitude for even the smallest things has multiplied, as has their faith.

We started baseball and softball this week!  Hooray!  We have no lights because they are shattered and poles are actually bent.  And bleachers are broken, but the kids are finally able to be on the fields and so we are all happily making the most of what we've got.  Plus we can only play for one hour because it is getting dark earlier, and each team only gets one night at the fields a week.  But we are grateful!  And our kids are just excited to be back!

Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. (3) For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. (4) So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.  ~James 1:2-4

Resilience.

Fortitude.

Perseverance.

Hope.  

These are ours as Believers and Followers of Christ.

And we need them.

~~~

‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. (35) For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. (36) I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.’  ~Matthew 25:34-36

Friends of ours opened their home to a Ukrainian family who entered the U.S. a few weeks ago.  Starting brand new in the Land of Opportunity has its freedoms, but many challenges as well.  However, God's people are resilient and we personify the strength of Christ even as we live through the challenges of today.  His fortitude is accessible through our hope in Jesus Christ--hope for today and hope for tomorrow.  

There is no better evidence (and proof) of hope-for-tomorrow than a newborn baby, and the Ukrainian family (and our friends that are housing them) welcomed one the other day.  Children are proof that God has hope for tomorrow, and that we can too.

But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.”  ~Matthew 19:14



What did we "wake up to" today?

Destruction from a natural disaster?  

New surroundings, languages, mores, or culture?

Sickness, death, worry, pain, sorrow or just wanting to pull the covers back up over our heads?

Love the Lord, all his faithful people!  The Lord preserves those who are true to him... (24) Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord.  ~Psalm 31:23-24

Resilience.

Fortitude.

Perseverance.

Hope.  

These are ours as Believers and Followers of Christ.


Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991