Corona Devo 972

What I love about the Bible is that it speaks for us when we might not have the words. 

Not sure what to say to the Lord today?  Unsure of how to begin or where to start?  

God already knows where we are at (emotionally/mentally/physically/spiritually), and He meets us right there.  

And He has advice/encouragement/wisdom/Truth for us right there...right here, where we are right now, today.

Say Psalm 16 as a prayer.  Ask Psalm 16 as a blessing.  Pray Psalm 16 as a prescription for our day:

~~~

Psalm 16

A psalm of David.

(1) Keep me safe, O God, for I have come to you for refuge.  ~Psalm 16:1
Father, You (alone) know what is before me today.  Keep me safe.  You alone know the outside AND inside battles that I face.  I have come to you for refuge today.  Amen. 

(2) I said to the Lord, “You are my Master!  Every good thing I have comes from you.”  ~Psalm 16:2
Lord, it is our privilege to be in service to You today.  You ARE our Master, but You rule over us in love, in wisdom, and out of a desire for the best possible outcomes in our lives.  You are good, God.  And every good thing I have comes from you.  Amen.  

(3) The godly people in the land are my true heroes!  I take pleasure in them!   ~Psalm 16:3
Lord, we praise You for the godly people in our lives, authentically seeking to serve You.  Real believers (hearers AND doers of Your Word) are my true heroes.  They encourage us in our faith-journey and they prove that being godly is possible.  Thank you for godly people in our land.  We know who they are, and You know who they are, Father.  They are a blessing to us and an inspiration today.   I take pleasure in them!  Amen.

(4) Troubles multiply for those who chase after other gods.  I will not take part in their sacrifices of blood or even speak the names of their gods.   ~Psalm 16:4
Guard our hearts and minds today, Heavenly Father.  Ground us in You and Your ways and make us brave in standing firm.  Your Word provides warning and wisdom.  I pray that we would heed both today.  Amen.

(5) Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.  You guard all that is mine.  ~Psalm 16:5
Father, when we are at a loss in the face of earthly inheritances and legacies...remind us that you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.  We long to cling to this world and these people, but you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.  Keep our eyes on You and our hearts on the inheritance that we have in You and that you guard in us.  Amen. 

(6) The land you have given me is a pleasant land.  What a wonderful inheritance!  ~Psalm 16:6
Gracious Father, give us gratitude today.  You have provided us with great bounty, by every definition.  Even on the hard days, we have a wonderful inheritance in You.  May we take in all that You have laid before us in our lives: the land you have given me is a pleasant land.  Amen.

(7) I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.  ~Psalm 16:7
We are not lost today, Father.  We are not unguided, directionless or misled.  I will bless the Lord who guides me, and I praise You for Your guidance.  Day and even at night, we can approach You with confidence and leave with guidance.  We are blessed by You, Lord, and today we will bless the Lord who guides us.  Amen.

(8) I know the Lord is always with me.   I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.  ~Psalm 16:8
Almighty God, we are weak today, but You are unshakable.  If we were alone, we would have no hope.  But we have You and we have hope in You today.  I know the Truth, and I know the Lord is always with me.   I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.  Amen.

(9) No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice.  My body rests in safety.  ~Psalm 16:9
Father, the release of giving control to You is freeing, and You came to free us.  We accept Your freedom, Your direction, and Your protection over us today.  Experiencing You makes us glad and no wonder.  My body rests in safety with You today.  Amen.

(10) For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave.  ~Psalm 16:10
King of my heart and King of Eternity--there is no end once we have a beginning with You.  Heaven is real and You are eternal, and our souls will rejoice with You there always.  There is a suffering reality to the grave that anyone who has refused You will endure but you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave.  It's no wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice, because my body rests in safety...forever.  Amen.

(11) You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.  ~Psalm 16:11
We seek You TODAY, Lord.  We reach for you NOW, Father.  Show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.  THAT'S what we want to say to You today, Lord, and THAT'S where we want to start.  Amen. 


Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991