Corona Devo 1094

My husband's grandpa used to bring doughnuts over when he would visit the family, and somewhere along the way, a tradition formed in which the adults and children in their family would "hide" their extra doughnut of choice--out of sight from others, often in a high place.

Fast forward to today, where (surprise, surprise), my children (and husband) will "hide" things of value (including a preferred doughnut) in high places, like on top of the kitchen cupboards or the refrigerator.  

This idea of hiding a doughnut high and out-of-reach seems silly, but the concept and functionality of placing a highly valued item out of reach on a high area is smart, proactive, and protective.  It also demonstrates how highly treasured the item being "hidden" is.

~~~

Remember today how much God loves us and the lengths that He will go to in order to protect us.

For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary.  He will place me out of reach on a high rock.  ~Psalm 27:5

~~~

Had a hard day?  Running on fumes?  Feel targeted or hopeless?  

God is with us today.  When troubles come...he conceals us.  

When troubles come...he hides us in his sanctuary.

And, when troubles come... He will place us out of reach on a high rock.  (Psalm 27:5)

Trust Him today.  Rely on Him today.  Rest assured today...

For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary.  He will place me out of reach on a high rock.  ~Psalm 27:5

~~~

God chose you.  We are His people.  We are His treasured possession.  He values us highly and He protects us fiercely.

For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession...  ~Deuteronomy 7:6

~~~

God's love for us is everlasting.  We cannot outrun it and we don't need to earn it.  It just is.  God's love for us is everlasting.

The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.  ~Jeremiah 31:3

~~~

If we are facing hard things today, we face them with a mighty savior.  He is here, He values us highly, and he will calm all your fears.

For the Lord your God is living among you.  He is a mighty savior.  He will take delight in you with gladness.  With his love, he will calm all your fears.   He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”  ~Zephaniah 3:17

~~~

Tonight my husband blessed us with apple fritters for dessert.  I kid you not...when finishing the kitchen clean-up before turning out the lights to another day, I happened to glance up...and there was someone's fritter...out of reach on a high rock (Psalm 27:5).



Remember today how much God loves us and the lengths that He will go to in order to protect us.

For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary.  He will place me out of reach on a high rock.  ~Psalm 27:5


Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com


Comments

  1. Great devotional for today, but I think you forgot to capitalize your name at the end…

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991