Corona Devo 1152

What does your ministry look like today?  

Mine looks like this (so far): the prep for stuffed peppers and a pan of graham cracker toffee.


How is this ministry?  

Well, because our middle child requested stuffed peppers for supper, and when one of my people actually likes something enough to ask for it, I am blessed to make it, even if it involves a few steps such as browning ground meat, cleaning and then blanching peppers, cooking rice, mixing it all and then covering with a magical tomato soup-sauce mix.  Is it work?  Yes.  Is it worth it to me, because it will be worth it to my family?  Yes.  

Loving the people in our family well--that is definitely ministry, and so...Meals made with love-that's ministry.

We love because he first loved us.  ~I John 4:19

So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.  ~Galatians 6:10

Do to others as you would have them do to you.  ~Luke 6:31

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.  ~Romans 12:18

How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity!  ~Psalm 133:1  

~~~

Ministry can look like graham cracker toffee.  It's just grahams, butter, brown sugar and chocolate chips, but when put together in the right sequence, it becomes this week's treat for middle and high school Bible study groups. 

Students teaching students the Word and hope of God?  That's ministry.  

Our children have had kids tell them that they "only come for the food" each week...and that's fine with us.  

Whatever causes a child or adult to come even one step closer to Jesus--That is definitely ministry.

Taste and see that the Lord is good.  Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!  ~Psalm 34:8

You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.  ~2 Timothy 2:2

~~~ 

Ministry can look like approaching strangers on a downtown Denver street and engaging them in conversation about Jesus and what they believe.  Last summer, our 13-year old did that for an afternoon while at a Christian student leadership conference.  

We must know how and be willing to share our faith with others, or else how will God's Word and hope be spread?  That is definitely ministry.

And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.  ~Mark 16:15

You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others.  ~I Peter 3:15

~~~

Ministry can look like the stroking of hair or the holding of a hand.  Singing soft hymns, reading comforting Scripture, and just being with a loved one in pain, sorrow, depression or near death...it's intimate, it's difficult, and it's definitely ministry.    

When King David was very old, he could not keep warm even when they put covers over him.  ~I Kings 1:1  

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  (2) He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.  (3) He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.  (4) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.  (5) You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.  (6) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever.  ~Psalm 23:1-9

~~~

What does your ministry look like today?  

We go through stages and seasons of ministry---you-name-it: whatever we are walking into today--God can use it (and us!) as a ministry to draw others nearer to Him...and He wants to. 

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.  ~Colossians 3:17

Christ gave gifts to men. He gave to some the gift to be missionaries, some to be preachers, others to be preachers who go from town to town. He gave others the gift to be church leaders and teachers. (12) These gifts help His people work well for Him. And then the church which is the body of Christ will be made strong. (13) All of us are to be as one in the faith and in knowing the Son of God... (15) ...We are to grow up and be more like Christ. He is the leader of the church. (16) Christ has put each part of the church in its right place. Each part helps other parts. This is what is needed to keep the whole body together. In this way, the whole body grows strong in love.  ~Ephesians 4:11-13, 15-16

~~~

So, what does our ministry look like today?  

Whatever it looks like (food, teambuilding, singing, teaching, mentoring, evangelizing, persevering, trusting, waiting)...  That is definitely ministry.


Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991