Corona Devo 1214

You take no delight in sacrifices or offerings.  Now that you have made me listen, I finally understand— you don’t require burnt offerings or sin offerings.  ~Psalm 40:6

~~~

We keep trying to give God sacrifices and offerings.  We keep reverting back to thinking that God requires burnt offerings or sin offerings.

And, (as such) we are burnt by the time we bring our burnt offerings or sin sacrifices to Him.  We are worn out, spiritually fizzled-out and very often running on fumes (ours, not our Heavenly Father's) by the time we "present" our "finished product" of what we think God is requiring.

Our performance, our outcomes, our job, our kids, the score, the grade, the project, the person...

You take no delight in sacrifices or offerings.  ~Psalm 40:6

We expect it of ourselves, and we can tend to drive it hard in others as well.  Our expectations, our standards, our required sacrifices or offerings...that we "prop up" and even envision as God’s requirements.

But we keep getting it ALL WRONG (for ourselves and for others that we require action from).

It's not about all of that for You, Lord.  It's not about any of that for You, Father.  

Help us to get it today, Father.  Make us listen and finally understand

You take no delight in sacrifices or offerings.  Now that you have made me listen, I finally understand— you don’t require burnt offerings or sin offerings.  ~Psalm 40:6

But what does God require?  What does it mean to please Him without legalism in regards to His Law and His Word?

It means that we find the hover-space in-between the forced/obligation/requirement of giving God sacrifices and offerings and the joy/jubilation/privilege of serving Him and sharing with others what that means, and what that has meant to us.

Not bragging about God in our lives, but bragging on God...in our life...but only to show (and prove) that He will show up in the lives of others too!  

I have told all your people about your justice.  I have not been afraid to speak out, as you, O Lord, well know.  (10) I have not kept the good news of your justice hidden in my heart; I have talked about your faithfulness and saving power.  I have told everyone in the great assembly of your unfailing love and faithfulness.  ~Psalm 40:7-10

There is a sweet-spot in between the forced-nature of "religion" and (instead)...our beautiful trust-fall into the arms of our Savior.  

We can sense when we are in the "have-to" gear, because we are burnt by the time we bring our burnt offerings or sin sacrifices to Him.  

But we can also sense when we are in-tune with using our gifts to glorify God and to serve Him as He created us to.  It just feels right, because it is.

That's how God wants us to meet Him today, not because we "have to", should, or have been told to, but (rather), because we are craving time with Him.  Because we are fulfilled when we are filled by Him.  Because we want to want-Him.

That's how God wants us to serve and live for Him.  Our lives, and our attitude as we live our life IS our burnt offering and sacrifice to God.

Sing a new song to God today.  Not a forced tune, or obligated offering, but a jingle-of-joy and a willing-offering.  We will know the difference, but others will too.  

Many will see what he has done and be amazed.  They will put their trust in the Lord.  (4) Oh, the joys of those who trust the Lord, who have no confidence in the proud or in those who worship idols.  

(5) O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us.  Your plans for us are too numerous to list.  You have no equal.  If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them.  

(6) You take no delight in sacrifices or offerings.  Now that you have made me listen, I finally understand— you don’t require burnt offerings or sin offerings. 

(7) Then I said, “Look, I have come.  As is written about me in the Scriptures: (8) I take joy in doing your will, my God, for your instructions are written on my heart.”  

(9) I have told all your people about your justice.  I have not been afraid to speak out, as you, O Lord, well know.  (10) I have not kept the good news of your justice hidden in my heart; I have talked about your faithfulness and saving power.  I have told everyone in the great assembly of your unfailing love and faithfulness.  ~Psalm 40:3-10

~~~

We get it ALL WRONG when we think that the results all depend on us.  Those (forced) sacrifices and sin offerings are not what the Lord requires.

Fall freely into the arms of our Savior today.  Listen and (finally) understand.  We can give up our self-imposed-obligations, and embrace the truth (and freedom) in the simplicity of what God requires from us.   

We'll know it when we experience it.  And we'll want to share it.  

I have told all your people about your justice.  I have not been afraid to speak out, as you, O Lord, well know.  (10) I have not kept the good news of your justice hidden in my heart; I have talked about your faithfulness and saving power.  I have told everyone in the great assembly of your unfailing love and faithfulness.  ~Psalm 40:9-10


Blessings, 

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991