Corona Devo 1302

This boasting will do no good, but I must go on. I will reluctantly tell about visions and revelations from the Lord. (2) I was caught up to the third heaven fourteen years ago. Whether I was in my body or out of my body, I don’t know—only God knows. (3) Yes, only God knows whether I was in my body or outside my body. But I do know (4) that I was caught up to paradise and heard things so astounding that they cannot be expressed in words, things no human is allowed to tell.  

(5) That experience is worth boasting about, but I’m not going to do it. I will boast only about my weaknesses.   ~II Corinthians 12:1-5

~~~

Mysteries of faith and "secrets" of faith: Thank you, God, for marvelous (unexplainable) spiritual experiences.  Moments, revelations, encounters--that are just between us and You.

We can't explain them fully to others (it's too astounding). And words don't do justice (cannot be expressed in words) if we have had a similar emotional/physical/intellectual/spiritual situation, like the apostle Paul did.  And he models that we should not worry about even trying to explain or describe it to others.  Those kind of happenings (if we are blessed enough to experience them) are on a whole other (spiritual) level, and it's (only) between us and God.  

No, I have not seen heaven or whatever Paul means when he said he was caught up to the third heaven.  ...But have you ever experienced God in a way that you cannot find words for?  Sensed Him?  Felt His presence in an undeniable or unexplainable way? 

So why would we?  (Try to explain?)  As Paul appropriately advises--these are things so astounding that they cannot be expressed in words. 

For me, any experience like this is rare, but the couple that have occurred have not come within a time of celebration and confetti, but rather when I was (knowingly or unknowingly) in desperate need of the Lord.   

Once in a period of deep lament and sorrow for my mom who was suffering a life-threatening infection, I poured over the the Bible, I prayed for my mom, and God entered me into the story of Hezekiah, when he turned his face to the wall and asked God to extend his life (Hezekiah 38:2-6).  And--although Hezekiah was on death's doorstep, God gave him fifteen more years to live.

I can't say why I was reading those verses that day, but I can say that God washed those verses over me and my situation.  I felt the power of them and of God's promises...and of His power.  And I felt the Scriptures call me, wash over me, and find me and my mom.

Although the surgeon later told my mom that he never expected her to "make it off the operating table" in the emergency room...she did.  She didn't live fifteen more years, but she did live quite a few (that I was newly appreciative for), and I still feel that Hezekiah 38 told me that she would, even though her circumstances at the time said that she would not.

But I do know (4) that I...heard things so astounding that they cannot be expressed in words, things no human is allowed to tell.  ~II Corinthians 12:3-4-5

~~~

During the birth of our first child, everything was going great and pretty much by the book. The miracle of life was occurring and almost completed within our delivery room when alarms started ringing, and people started running in.  Our room filled with so many hustling nurses and doctors--all with faces filled with concern.  

I had been praying for this child for the previous nine months, but during those moments of chaos, I entered into a level of prayer deeper than anything I can remember before or since. 

I never moved from the hospital bed, and I saw everything happening, but it was like it was happening around me instead of within me and too me.  I knew to keep praying, and I did.    

Then I saw things happening, and I saw a healthy baby (boy) being born. The rushing of healthcare workers continued, but my pulse slowed and the calmness in my heart continued. 

The cord was untangled from the tiny neck.  First breaths were taken.  New life began.

Whether I was in my body or out of my body, I don’t know—only God knows. (3) Yes, only God knows whether I was in my body or outside my body. But I do know (4) that I was caught up to paradise and heard things so astounding (like a baby's cry) that they cannot be expressed in words, things no human is allowed to tell (~II Corinthians 12:2-4).  

I was in the delivery room, but I was somewhere else too: with You, Lord.

Thank You for that child and for all children, Father.  Thank You that we can know You in ways that we can't even explain.  Thank you that Your (holy/unexplainable/powerful) presence and effect is such that we sometimes cannot tell if we have been in our body or outside our body.  

Thank you that there are no words that cover Your "being" and Your reach.  And thank You that sometimes we get to experience You in these ways.  Amen.

~~~

We absolutely know, and remember, and have lifelong impact from the moments that we have been with God. We know, but we can't explain the who/what/why of it--because God is God.  He touches us sometimes, He visits our situations and our souls, and we know it.  But it's so next-level (God level!), that it cannot be expressed in words.

We are so inferior to His superiority, but we (sure do) know it when we see it...when we experience it...or when we live it.  We can't deny it, in fact!  

But we also can not find the appropriate words for this Holy/Heavenly existence that we have no words for--just an awareness and appreciation.

That experience is worth boasting about, but I’m not going to do it...   ~II Corinthians 12:1-5

Mysteries of faith and "secrets" of faith: Thank you, God, for marvelous (unexplainable) spiritual experiences.  Moments, revelations, encounters--that are just between us and You.


Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991