Corona Devo 1308

We have friends that are going through a difficult time.  

Friends?  The truth is, we have been (only) acquaintances for the past ten years, but in recent months, I have fallen in agape (unconditional, unselfish) love with their family.  We rarely speak in person, but I love them and pray earnestly for them often.

~~~

We have friends that are going through a difficult time.  

Difficult?  The reality is that they are going through the rapid and active decay and death of a loved one.  It is more than difficult, it is impossible.  Life is slipping away from one of them at a pace much too fast for understanding or acceptance.  I cannot imagine the emotional and spiritual questions and attacks that they are undergoing within the walls of their house and minds, while a separate battle is waged on one of their bodies.  

My heart breaks for them.  There are no words.  There seems no appropriate comfort.  I want to help.

But I cannot.  

When life is progressing to death so quickly, there is (sometimes) no earthly "help" that will accommodate.  

But our Father in Heaven has laid claim to being our help, no matter the circumstance.  

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from?  (2) My help comes from the Lordthe Maker of heaven and earth.  ~Psalm 121:1-2

If we are feeling heavy or in need of help today...God is not far from us.  He is near. (The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.  ~Psalm 145:18)

He is as near as we will invite or allow Him to be (Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.   ~James 4:8)

He loves us so much and so completely--and He is our help when we are desperate and when we cry out to Him.  (In my distress I called to the LordI cried to my God for help.  From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.  ~Psalm 18:6)

Our help comes from the Lord.   He made the heavens and He made the earth, and He made us.  He knows us inside and out and He loves us fully.  When we are troubled, He knows it, and He is our help.

You have searched me, Lordand you know me. (2) You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.  

(7) Where can I go from your Spirit?  Where can I flee from your presence?  (8) If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.  (9) If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, (10) even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.  

(13) For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  (14) I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  

(15) My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.  (16) Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.  ~Psalm 139:1-2, 7-10, 13-16

~~~

If we want to help, the only way is to introduce The Way to those that are in need of help.  Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."  ~John 14:6

Our help comes from the Lord.  Praying that we can feel and sense His help today and that we might also be an intermediary to someone in need of His help.

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from?  (2) My help comes from the Lordthe Maker of heaven and earth.  ~Psalm 121:1-2


Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991