Corona Devo 1399

I was grateful to catch sight of an ibis walking around this morning.  Slow, quiet, and intentional, it foraged through shallow water, not far from where I sat.  I couldn't see his eyes, but I knew they were working, glancing, taking in the land and shallows to give guidance as to which direction to step-in and search next.  

I found out (via Audabon.org) that ibises forage by walking slowly in shallow water, sweeping their bill from side to side and probing at bottom.  They also find food on land by touch, by sight, and at other times, by seizing items from the surface.   

I am a bird-lover, but even if I wasn't, the ibis is easy to enjoy, with it's graceful gait, pink stick-legs and pinky-face and bill.  


As I watched the ibis slowly maneuver through the marsh, the moment and the morning...I felt a spiritual lesson being whispered into into my soul.  He moved not with rush and frenzy (like me), but with purpose and poise.  This is how God intends for us to maneuver through life too.  Have we forgotten, or did we need a fowl-example to remind us?

Today, let's be intentional to seek God deliberately, like the ibis slowly surveying the land and water for food.

Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.  ~I Chronicles 16:11

Now devote your heart and soul to seeking the LORD your God.  Begin to build the sanctuary of the LORD God...  ~I Chronicles 22:19

Search for God today slowly and methodically, not in a hurry or rush.  He is not far from any one of us, but will we slow-and-steady ourselves long enough to seek Him?

God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.  ~Acts 17:27

Lord, we will seek You today.  We WILL reach out for You, and thank you for Your Biblical promise that when we do (reach out for You), we will find You, because You are not far from any one of us.  Amen.   

~~~ 

The ibis that I saw was slow, quiet, and intentional as it sought provision on land and in water.  

Lord, slow us down and simmer our spirits today.  Quiet us.  Still us.  Make us intentional in seeking You today.  Amen.

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  ~Jeremiah 29:13

The Lord looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.  ~Psalm 14:2

~~~

Ibises find provision by walking slowly in shallow water and sweeping their bill from side to side and probing at the bottom.  

Father, whether we are in deep water or just the shallows today, may we proceed with purpose, and without haste: seeking You, Your direction for us, and Your glory as we seek to serve You.  Amen.

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  ~Matthew 6:33

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.  ~Psalm 63:1

~~~

Ibises use their senses to get guidance as to which direction to step-in and where to search for their next source of provision.

Lord, You ARE our provision.  May we look, seek, and defer-to You in realizing which direction to step-in, and where to search for today's plan and provision.  Amen.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; (6) In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.  ~Proverbs 3:5-6

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.  ~Psalm 119:105

~~~

I also found out that ibises are not always solitary creatures---they sometimes get by with a little help from their friends.  We do too.  

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.  ~Proverbs 27:17

~~~

Birds of a feather flock together, and today, may we as God's children get intentional about slowing down, being quiet before the Lord, and getting intentional about seeking and serving Him.

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991