Corona Devo 1426

I did not have much time yesterday morning, but I had a delicious idea that I wanted to make happen: Tapioca pudding. 

I had the small white tapioca pearls, but I didn't have the time to stand and stir and let it stew.

Crock pot? 

Yes, a quick Google recipe search confirmed. 

Milk, eggs, sugar, tapioca, and a dash of vanilla: check, check, check, check, and check. 

I stirred it together, put the lid on the crock pot, but...how to set the timer on that thing? 

Usually I "fix-it and forget-it" (whatever is in the crock pot) until supper time, but this recipe was only supposed to cook for a set number of hours--and I needed to set the timer on that pot. 

But try as I might, I couldn't crack the code of figuring out how.   'On and Off', 'High and Low' were all that I could accomplish, which wasn't good enough because I wasn't going to be home.

Would I possibly have the instruction manual to the crock pot we received as a wedding gift almost twenty years ago?  

Yes, a quick search in my (designated) manual drawer revealed. There were the instructions, and there I found the answers.  (Hold down the timer button (instead of just pushing it) to get it to set.)

I needed the manual.  I had the ingredients, the recipe, and the desire for tapioca pudding, but without the correct instructions, I couldn't carry the recipe out to fruition and accomplish positive (and tasty!) results.

---

Sounds a lot like our lives, doesn't it?

We often have what it takes to succeed, or to be liked, or to be powerful or well-respected, or even loved...but without the Bible (God's instruction manual for us)  We cannot carry our life plans out to fruition and have positive results.  It is just not possible to live life to the fullest measure that God has for us if we are attempting to do it outside of His direction.   

These are the commands, decrees and laws the Lord your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, (2) so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the Lord your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life. 

(3) Hear, Israel, and be careful to obey so that it may go well with you and that you may increase greatly in a land flowing with milk and honey, just as the Lord, the God of your ancestors, promised you.  ~Deuteronomy 6:1-3

Choosing a college, finding our spouse, maneuvering singleness, walking through tragedy, gaining wealth, living generously, discerning God's voice... the daily decisions and directions we take are a million times more serious than making tapioca pudding in a crock pot...but...we need our instructions. 

He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.  ~Psalm 25:9

'Off and On' and 'High and Low' (and their equivalents) in life don't cut it.  We are left half-baked or fried.  God and His good plans for us are what add meaning and flavor and purpose and life(!) to our lives.  ( I have come so that you might have life and have it to the fullest.  -John 10:10)

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.  ~Psalm 32:8

Only God's Word gives us the step by step instruction that will set a foundation for our lives and govern our steps and hearts each day as we seek Him and adhere to His "manual".

And we must keep our Bibles handy. We had better know exactly what drawer it's in or shelf it's on, even 20 or 30 or 50 (or more) years later.  

We simply have to know where our Bible is...and we have to use it.

“If you love me, keep my commands.  ~John 14:15

And it's not that every day and decision will be free from disaster, but we have the Lord and His Word to shepherd and guide us.

Keep God's Word (instructions) handy.  They are critical for our successful faith-outcomes.

And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.  ~2 John 1:6



Taste and see that the Lord is good.  -Psalm 34:8


Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991