Corona Devo 1428

Is death on your mind?  

In life, in this world, in our inner thoughts...we can fear many things, and death is one of the biggest.  

But Jesus sends a love letter to our hearts today to dispel the fear of death that troubles our hearts:

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.

(2) My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 

(3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 

(4) You know the way to the place where I am going.”  ~John 14:1-4

~~~

Do we believe that?

Do we believe in God and believe also in Jesus?  ...Then we can relax, relent, and even look forward to what Jesus promises us.  (Yes, promises to those who believe in Him.)

It may sound trite, but (first of all): stop worrying about it, or as Jesus puts it: “Do not let your hearts be troubled" (John 14:1).

We don't know how we will die or when we will die, but history and every life ever lived (except Jesus) has proven that we will die.

It will happen, but Jesus tells (teaches/commands/comforts) us: “Do not let your hearts be troubled" (John 14:1).

But how?!...our fears want to scream.  How?!...our desire-to-grasp-earthly-pleasures-and-people wants to yell?   How?!--Do we not be troubled?!  

What could me more troubling than death, we wonder?    

And then, in the next breath, Jesus tells us how to not-fear-death: believe in Him.  

You believe in God; believe also in me.  ~John 14:1

He is the answer and the anecdote: 

Releasing our fear of death means trusting what Jesus says to us in the Bible.  That's the first step.  

Believe in Him, and if we do...the moment we do, we have a room in God's Heavenly house when our body dies on this earth.  Jesus (literally) tells us this:

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? (3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. (4) You know the way to the place where I am going.”  ~John 14:2-4

It's a bit bizarre, to think that Jesus (God's Son) is telling us His Father has a house with many rooms, and Jesus has prepared one for us.

Prepared a room...for me?  For you?  For any of us and each and every one of us that believes in God and also believes in Him?

Yes.  

Praise the Lord in His mercy...Yes.  And may it calm our troubled hearts about death to know this...Yes.

~~~

Is death on your mind?  

It wasn't on mine earlier this week, but it had been on my mind to write a note of encouragement to a family that we know in which the husband/dad is living through the difficult days of Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS).  I wanted to provide a letter of God's love and strength to them, but as I wrote, the Lord put John 14:1-4 on my heart...and so I shared those verses with them.

I'm not sure if death was on their minds or troubling their hearts, but I encouraged them to believe in God and believe also in Jesus.

I reminded them of God's love for them and that He has prepared a place (room) for them.

There's only one way for us to acquire that room, and it's Jesus.  We know that.  (You know the way to the place where I am going.”  ~John 14:4)

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.  ~John 14:6

I'm not sure if death was on their minds, but I believe the letter should have arrived on Wednesday.  The gentleman died on Thursday.

I pray that his heart was not troubled.

~~~

God has a big house.  It has a lot of rooms.  If that wasn't true, then Jesus would not have told us about it.

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 

(2) My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? (3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 

(4) You know the way to the place where I am going.”  ~John 14:1-4


Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991