Corona Devo 1455

What is the (very) first thing we do each day?  What gets us out of bed morning by morning

He wakens me and opens my understanding to his will.  ~Isaiah 50:4

I've been to gorgeous beaches.  I've seen the majesty of the Grand Canyon.  I've enjoyed countries, climates, peoples, and precious times with my family.  But nothing (nothing!) compares beauty, power and meaning of spending time with the Lord, and when He opens my understanding to his will.

Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to his will.  ~Isaiah 50:4

It is a crazy miracle that God actually/mercifully/powerfully opens our understanding to His will when we read His word and study it.  When we get quiet and commune with Him.  When we talk to him and listen to Him.

It is beyond any natural or emotional experience that we can find in this world...it is super-natural.  And every day, (Morning by morning) He invites us to join Him.

This invitation and gift (from our Sovereign Lord) should wake us up in the morning.

~~~

The Sovereign Lord has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know how to comfort the weary.  ~Isaiah 50:4

Father, we pray that we do not dishonor You in our representation of You.  Lord, please don't let us disgrace You with our words and actions, but instead, may we receive Your wordsso that we know how to comfort the weary (Isaiah 50:4). Amen.     

What to do for the weary?  What to say to the weary in our lives?  
    The Sovereign Lord will give us his words of wisdom

Lord, show us how to comfort the weary today.  Give us Your words of wisdom when we encounter the weary.  Amen.

~~~

The Sovereign Lord has spoken to me, and I have listened.  I have not rebelled or turned away.  (6) I offered my back to those who beat me and my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard.  I did not hide my face from mockery and spitting.  

Father, it's too good to be true, and yet You DO speak to us.  And we are listening today.  We humble ourselves before You, Lord.  We submit our schedules to You, we lay down our pride before You, and we will not rebel or turn away from Your will and Your call for us today.  Pressures and persecutions may come but we will offer our back to those who beat us and our cheeks to those who pull out our beards.  We will not hide our faces from mockery and spitting, but instead we will persevere in Your Holy Name, Lord...because you have spoken to us, and we have listened.  Amen.  

~~~

Because the Sovereign Lord helps me,  I will not be disgraced.  Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will.  And I know that I will not be put to shame.  ~Isaiah 50:7

What gets us out of bed morning by morning?  Surely it is promises like this from the Lord.  

Lord, we praise You for Your help today (We need it!).  And we promise to stay sincere to You, Father.  We are strengthened by You and in You and for You today, and we are blessed by Your promise to protect us from disgrace and to save us from shame.  We will be fierce for You today, setting our face like a stone and we are determined to do Your will today.  Help us do that, Lord.  Amen.

~~~

The Sovereign Lord has given me his words of wisdom, so that I know how to comfort the weary.  Morning by morning he wakens me and opens my understanding to his will.  (5) The Sovereign Lord has spoken to me, and I have listened.  I have not rebelled or turned away.  (6) I offered my back to those who beat me and my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard.  I did not hide my face from mockery and spitting.  (7) Because the Sovereign Lord helps me,  I will not be disgraced.  Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will.  And I know that I will not be put to shame.  ~Isaiah 50:4-7

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991