Corona Devo 1460

I was looking for something different to make for a dessert this week, and lemon bars popped into my mind.  I made a batch, and when one of my BFF's (best friends forever) stopped over the other day, I offered her some. 

She smiled and then told me that just the night before, she had wanted lemon bars, but wasn't feeling up to making them.  

And yet, here they were, and she was excited.

Take delight in the Lordand he will give you the desires of your heart.  ~Psalm 37:4 🍋

~~~

Similarly, since last week, I have had a taste for butterscotch.  So much so, that I asked my kids if they would help me eat some butterscotch cookies if I made them?  Nope--my kids did not think that butterscotch sounded delicious, and so, I didn't make them.  ...But, I still had the desire for them.

Fast-forward a few days when we met my brother and sister-in-law for supper and BOOM!  Didn't my brother have a baggie of home-made butterscotch cookies to give me.  

"I'm not sure if you like butterscotch", he said, "But these are really good."

"Yes...yes, I do like butterscotch very much", I told him happily.  It was an answer to one of my heart's desires--right there in that butterscotch-filled baggie!

Would not God find this out? For He knows the secrets of the heart.  ~Psalm 44:21

~~~

It's the last day of the month, and that means bills are due and accounts need settled.  We work and pray for sales on every day of the month, but for my husband, the final days of the month weigh in more heavily, as he is always seeking to "end strong", and certainly to be "in the black" as he balances the monthly books.  

I saw his eyes twinkle when a sale popped into his Inbox this morning, and then when one of my customers emailed me with a Renewal a few hours later, I knew his heart would be singing on this last day of the month.  

I, the Lord, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings.  ~Jeremiah 17:10

~~~

Coincidences, all of them?  Lemon bars, butterscotch cookies, and end-of-month sales?

Coincidences: 

    A phone call from someone we've been thinking about...

    A handwritten letter in the mail just when we need a boost? 

    A Christian song on the radio that fills up our heart and refills our faith...

    A visit from someone just when loneliness was setting in...

    Scripture verses that speak right to our heart and just when we needed to hear them...

~~~

It's no coincidence when God meets us right where we're at.  He knows us, and He (alone) can possibly know all of the little nuances and nuggets that float in our minds and our hearts...but He does.

The next time that He reveals Himself by revealing His love for us...know that it's no coincidence.  It's a good and merciful Father loving on His kids in intimate ways that are particular to each of us.

...and when a prayer or plea is made by anyone among your people Israel—being aware of the afflictions of their own hearts, and spreading out their hands toward this temple— (39) then hear from heaven, your dwelling place. Forgive and act; deal with everyone according to all they do, since you know their hearts (for you alone know every human heart)...  ~I Kings 8:38-39

~~~

Gracious Lord, thank you for loving us specifically and for knowing us intimately.  You hear the deepest prayers of our hearts, but You also know the dreams in our spirit, and the inconsequential cravings of our flesh.  Thank you for knowing us completely and for spoiling us with Your all-knowing love.  Amen.

You have searched me, Lordand you know me.  (2) You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.  (3) You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.  (4) Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely.  ~Psalm 139:1-4

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991