Corona Devo 1515

Years ago, one morning as I began giving my daughter a bit of a back-rub in an attempt to rouse her for school, she rolled over and said matter-of-factly, "My tea cup's full.", and with that, she proceeded to step out-of-bed and into the bathroom.

I had to laugh at her little-girl wit and wisdom, but her comment has stuck with me. What a great way to wake up to a new day--with our emotional and spiritual 'tea cup' full.

That is my prayer for us today--that we might "wake up" to embrace God's word and promises today, and that we would allow Him to fill our "tea cup" with His light, His love, His joy and His Hope for today.

Be filled!

~~~

The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.  ~Psalm 126:3


For the Mighty One is holy, and he has done great things for me.  ~Luke 1:49


Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you and worked for those who take refuge in you, in the sight of the children of mankind!  ~Psalm 31:19

Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!  ~I Chronicles 16:4


Maybe our tea cup is overflowing with
trials of many kinds today, which doesn't immediately lend itself to us feeling joyful, but God's word reminds us that in the trials (also), God is at work.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, (3) because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.  ~James 1:2-3

For the Lord hears the cries of the needy; he does not despise his imprisoned people.  ~Psalm 69:33


I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”  ~John 16:33


Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!  ~Psalm 34:8


The Lord is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation; this is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.  ~Exodus 15:2


~~~

If we are not vigilant, it's easy to have our cup become filled with many things that are not of the Lord, and we each battle those things.

Step back today and look up today.  Gaze into the face of Christ and let Him fill us.  Let Him overflow us with His presence.    

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  ~Romans 15:13

May our teacup overflow with a sense of how much we mean to Him and how (very) much He loves us.

The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.  ~Jeremiah 31:3  


May our (faith) teacup overflow today!


Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991