Corona Devo 1516

All day long, God's Word rings true in our lives.
All day long.

I will tell of the kindnesses of the Lordthe deeds for which he is to be praised, according to all the Lord has done for us—yes, the many good things he has done for Israel, according to his compassion and many kindnesses.  ~Isaiah 63:7

I started my day with an exercise embodying these verses and I praised the Lord into my day.  A sister-in-Christ sent me a worship song and it woke up my spirit and my gratitude for God at 5:00 AM.  God invoked these verses in me before I even read them.  
I will tell of the kindnesses of the Lordthe deeds for which he is to be praised, according to all the Lord has done for us(!)...  ~Isaiah 63:7

He has done so much for us.  
 
I will tell.  I have to tell.  I am blessed to tell of the kindnesses of the Lord.   If we were to list them (the deeds for which he is to be praised), how long would we write?  Forever?  

Think, ponder, boil-it-down, and stop-taking-for-granted.  And tell of the kindnesses of the Lord...yes, the many good things he has done for (us)according to his compassion and many kindnesses (Isaiah 63:7).   We have a lot to tell.

All day long, God's Word rings true in our lives.

~~~

After Bible study, I chatted with my husband and he shared about a dream that had disturbed him in the night.  He described it in detail to me, and told me that his dream was "distressing"  (his word) to him.  

But, "distress" wasn't my husband's word to me today...it had already been spoken to me by the Bible (God's Word). 

In all their distress he too was distressed, and the angel of his presence saved them.  ~Isaiah 63:9

My husband rarely (Has he ever?) uses the word "distress", but in his discomfort from his recent-dream, it was the word he chose.  However, the Lord had already chosen to use this word to provide comfort (instead of distress) in relation to it.

When we feel distress, God feels it too...and He is present.  And God's presence saves us from that distress.
All day long, God's Word rings true in our lives.

In all their distress he too was distressed, and the angel of his presence saved them.  In his love and mercy he redeemed them; he lifted them up and carried them all the days of old.  ~Isaiah 63:9

~~~
He said, “Surely they are my people, children who will be true to me”; and so he became their Savior.  ~Isaiah 63:8

And then, as the sunrise turned into a day full of people and places...God's Word continued to ring true to me, through His people, who are true to Him.

At one event, I visited with a miracle-lady, who I had gotten to know when she had brushed-with-death and the reality of God (and the absence of Him) became real to her.  Here she was again, and the miracle of her life rang-out of the truth of God's Word to me.

He said, “Surely they are my people, children who will be true to me”; and so he became their Savior.  ~Isaiah 63:8

And then I spoke with a woman who lives and works in the secular public sector, but she does so with a smile, and an inner kindness and perseverance that sets her apart (as God's child).
Professionally, she is spiritually unbiased, but spiritually, she professes Christ in every way except out loud. She is absolutely one of God's people, and she is true to Him.  
When you know, you know, and I know that her motivation is more than just kindness...it is Christ.  She is true to Him.

He said, “Surely they are my people, children who will be true to me”; and so he became their Savior.  ~Isaiah 63:8 

All day long, God's Word rings true in our lives.

Once more before the day's end, God would not only echo the proof of His Word in my mind, but He would blow-my-mind with ringing it true once more.

A final event in our day brought us to a keynote speaker at a prestigious event.  Semi-formal attire and politically-correct conversation filled the air, but not a word or expectation of faith was expected (or invited).

I will tell of the kindnesses of the Lordthe deeds for which he is to be praised, according to all the Lord has done for us... —
(8) He said, “Surely they are my people, children who will be true to me”...  ~Isaiah 63:7-8

In a public auditorium filled with people, the keynote speaker gave a rousing speech and then shared her faith.  With non-believers, without warning, with complete boldness, and with pure faith in God, she told of the kindnesses of the Lordand I have to believe that looking down from on high, God said, “Surely they are my people, children who will be true to me”.

I was (joyfully) flabbergasted at her faith and proclamation of it.  
And so, one more time..as He had done all day long, God's Word rang true in my life.

~~~

Keep reading it (The Bible).  And we will see that He will keep doing it
All day long, God's Word rings true in our lives.

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991