Corona Devo 1575

I met Mike (seemingly) by happenstance at the airport.  He was almost past me when he stopped and turned to ask if “this was the security line?”.  He seemed a bit miffed, and he was definitely a bit older than me, and thus we began a conversation. 

Yes, this was indeed the security line, I told him.  It weaved and wove long through the airport, and he was relieved to hear that he was where he needed to be. 

Sort of.

Mike had met us in line, but we were by no means the end of it.  There were literally hundreds of people behind us, also waiting in line to go through security. 

This eighty year old man—not feeble, but by no means strong, was flying for the first time “in a quite a while”, he said. 

“Would it be okay if I just wait with you guys?”  He asked, just like a sweet old man could.

I glanced at my family who each smiled but looked away.  People could get mad (or worse) behind us, and they knew that. 

I felt the stare of the woman who was next in line, and who I had just wrapped up a nice conversation with.  She didn’t look so nice anymore.

 “Sure, we’re family now”, I said as I patted him lightly on the back.  I couldn't send him away on his own.   

And so he folded into our family and we spent the next fifty-five minutes moving toward the security checkpoint and chatting together.  I got to know and like Mike, and I am convinced that meeting-up was God’s plan for both of us today.  I hope he is too. 

He was flying to California to see his son, who has cancer, and his daughter-in-law and 12-year old granddaughter.  His wife passed away from cancer.

~~~

Where are we in this story today?  Who are we?

Are we lost?  Meandering?  Miffed?  Wondering if there is a way and a plan, but unable to find it yet?  

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.  ~Revelation 3:20

~~~

Are we mobilized for Christ and open to opportunities in sharing His Gospel?  Or are we nervous about what others might think?  

Get bold for Jesus today. 

You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. (15) Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. (16) In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.  ~Matthew 5:18  

~~~

Are we the pious “Christians” who turn up our nose or have a bias against the “sinners” who don’t know Jesus yet…motioning for them to ”go to the back of the line”?

Do we avert our eyes from a seeker?  Do we stare in judgment?  Or are we open to allowing them to cut in line with us and come closer to Jesus? 

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”  ~Mark 2:17

~~~

There was a time when all of us were lost and didn’t have our place in line with the Lord.  But He’s just waiting for (all of) us to ask Him into (or back into) our hearts.  And then Jesus lovingly pats us on the back and says, “Sure, we’re family now”. 

Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.  ~Romans 8:17

~~~

Heavenly Father, we thank You that You have ordained our steps and our interactions today.  There are no coincidences, and I know that Mike is thinking about you more tonight than he was this morning. 

We praise you for Your will and for Your providence in our lives and in the lives of others.  

Put us in the path of someone who needs you today.  Place us next to someone who can encourage and grow us in You.  

Soften our hearts to hear someone's story and to give others the grace and space to draw nearer to You.

Amen.

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991