Corona Devo 1582

Whose plan are we working out in our life?  Ours?  Or the Lord’s? 

Every day we have the brand-new choice and opportunity.  Will we submit control and allow the Lord to work out his plans for my life today? 

I have days where I attempt to work out my plans for my life.  You do too.  And (Have we noticed?), things never go well. 

Even if we start out with good intentions and productive mindsets, when it’s only us, (and no God), our plans always fall apart.  Always frustrate.  Always fail to come to good and Godly fruition. 

What if we submitted our day, our choices, our thoughts, our goals, and our plans to God today?  

What if we watched and experienced Him move in our submission, in our waiting-upon-Him, in our confirmation of what He is planning for our life?

~~~

“There is no peace,” says the Lord, “for the wicked.”  ~Isaiah 48:22

I’ve been the wicked one, pursuing my will instead of God’s in my life.

I’ve seen the delay and the disappointment of NOT allowing the Lord to work out his plans for my life.  I have felt the unrest, the purposelessness, and the emptiness.

If we are feeling a lack of peace today, if all roads seem to lead nowhere, and if there is no joy, gratitude, or contentment within us, then we are working out our plans for our life.

But, (Oh the glory of this…and we will know it when we are living it): when the Lord is working out his plans for our life.  We will experience that His faithful love…endures forever (Psalm 138:8).

When it is God’s plan instead of ours: Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of our life (Psalm 23:6).

When the Lord opens our eyes to the spouse He has chosen for us...

When the Lord directs and confirms the schooling, the college selection, the career/calling, the job…

When God blesses the vacation, the therapy, the acceptance, the planning of tomorrow and the plans for today…in all of this, God wants to work out his plans for our life

Will we let Him?

Are we letting Him today?  

Submit our schedule.  Lay down our aspirations.  Let’s plug in to the Lord’s plans for our life.

Give Him the decisions and the details.

When we let the direction be His, the journey becomes joyful, fruitful, full.

I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart; I will sing your praises before the gods.  (2) I bow before your holy Temple as I worship.  I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.

(3) As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength… 

(6) Though the Lord is great, he cares for the humble, but he keeps his distance from the proud…

(8) The Lord will work out his plans for my life—for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever.  Don’t abandon me, for you made me.  ~Psalm 138:1-3, 6, 8

~~~

Whose plan are we working out in our life?

Today, we want...we ask...we pray for the Lord to work out his plans for our life.

 

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991