Corona Devo 1612

Life is sometimes hard.  Very hard. 

Situations, limitations, injustices, and a lack-of-hope can make life almost unbearable.  And sometimes we simply can’t bear it. 

Whether it happens over time with the drip, drip, drip of misfortune, or if it occurs in a hellish instant wrapped in a tidal wave of shock and disbelief: life can sometimes be very hard.

We feel that there is nothing we can do, and God….seems…gone.

Psalm 77 

(1) I cry out to God; yes, I shout.  Oh, that God would listen to me!  

(2) When I was in deep trouble, I searched for the Lord.  All night long I prayed, with hands lifted toward heaven, but my soul was not comforted. 

(3) I think of God, and I moan, overwhelmed with longing for his help.  

(4) You don’t let me sleep.  I am too distressed even to pray!  

(5) I think of the good old days, long since ended, (6) when my nights were filled with joyful songs.  I search my soul and ponder the difference now.  

(7) Has the Lord rejected me forever?  Will he never again be kind to me? (8) Is his unfailing love gone forever?  Have his promises permanently failed?  (9) Has God forgotten to be gracious?  Has he slammed the door on his compassion?  ~Psalm 77:1-9

Do these verses seem too strong today?  Too dark and too empty and too void to belong to a Believer in God? 

If yes, then we praise our Almighty God that these depths are not our cavern today, and that these cries are not our own.

But if today our life seems not-our-own, and not-at-all how we planned, and everything has become too much…or means too little: then we can join the Psalmist: “I cry out to God; yes, I shout…” (Psalm 77:1).

Shout Psalm 77 and the verses of 1 through 9.  God can take it.  In fact, He wrote it. 

Life is sometimes very hard.  Our Lord knows that. 

And even if we think or feel that He is not in the valley with us…He is. 

I believe God, in His omniscience, knows that we need a good scream and a hard cry sometimes in our difficult seasons.  He allows our fingers to feel the end of the tether sometimes, but (Beloved), He will never let go, and He is just waiting for us to follow our string back to Him. 

During our times and seasons that go beyond difficult... and into desperate, we may think and feel and even reason that God has forsaken us , but He will never (Never will I leave or forsake you.  ~Hebrews 13:5).

(10) And I said, “This is my fate; the Most High has turned his hand against me.”

(11) But then I recall all you have done, O Lord;  I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago.  

(12) They are constantly in my thoughts.  I cannot stop thinking about your mighty works.  

(13) O God, your ways are holy.  Is there any god as mighty as you?  (14) You are the God of great wonders!  You demonstrate your awesome power among the nations.  

(15) By your strong arm, you redeemed your people, the descendants of Jacob and Joseph.   

(16) When the Red Sea saw you, O God, its waters looked and trembled!  The sea quaked to its very depths.  

(17) The clouds poured down rain; the thunder rumbled in the sky.  Your arrows of lightning flashed.  (18) Your thunder roared from the whirlwind; the lightning lit up the world!  The earth trembled and shook.  

(19) Your road led through the sea, your pathway through the mighty waters—a pathway no one knew was there!  

(20) You led your people along that road like a flock of sheep, with Moses and Aaron as their shepherds.  ~Psalm 77:10-20

~~~

If life is hard for us today, very hard...may our heart stay tethered to our Savior, the One who will never abandon us. 

Your road led through the sea, your pathway through the mighty waters—a pathway no one knew was there!  ~Psalm 77:19

If we feel as if we are drowning today, then may we grab ahold of the life-preserver that God’s Word is to our (sometimes) sinking spirits.  

His road leads through the sea, and His pathway leads through the mighty waters.  We don’t even know the pathway is there, but God does…and God is!

As God's children, we are tethered to Him, and on the most difficult days, we can cry out to God; yes, and shout (Psalm 77:1), and we can also recall all He has done (Psalm 77:11).

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991