Corona Devo 1631

(1) The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  ~Psalm 23:1

What are we wanting more than the Lord today? He is all that we need for today and for our daily (and minute by minute) provision for the rest of our lives.  

We want so many things, but the Lord...the Lord is all that we need, and He cares for us and our needs.  He is our shepherd.  We don't need to want for more (We can stop wanting for more).  He is our "more" and His provision is enough and perfect.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  ~Psalm 23:1

~~~

(2) He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.  ~Psalm 23:2

He will still us.  The Lord is our shepherd...our good God, our guide and our Heavenly Father.  He knows what's best, and sometimes that is rest.  

If we won't stop the madness or jump off the treadmill-of-life, somehow, someway, someday...The Lord will make us to lie down in green pastures.  He will lead us beside the still waters...for our own good and for our sake.

He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.  ~Psalm 23:2

~~~

(3) He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.  ~Psalm 23:3

Our Lord makes us to lie down and be still with Him sometimes...but in that process or lack of (worldly) progress...He restores our soul!  

He leads us in His paths of righteousness, when we will let Him lead.  And His paths...they are good.  And they are for our good, and they are righteous.  When we follow His lead, it's for His glory, and His name's sake. 

Our soul gets restored and His name gets glorified.

He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.  ~Psalm 23:3

~~~

(4) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.  ~Psalm 23:4

Sometimes we wish God would sugar-coat His Word.  

Sometimes we wish God would sugar-coat our today.

    We don't want to walk through the valley of the shadow of death.
                    No, Lord.  Take it away.

But when we are walking through it...because of our Lord's promise in this verse... we can fear no evil.  Because He is with us.  His rod and staff comfort us.  

We will walk through the valley of the shadow of death sometimes and some days...but not alone.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.  ~Psalm 23:4

~~~

(5) You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.  

(6) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.  ~Psalm 23:5-6

God's promises give us hope on the hard days and gratitude on the good days.  The Lord's language is ancient, but His meaning is not lost over time.  

He will be the victor over evil days and people, and so will we as His children.  

There is a happy ending, even if today seems full of sorrow/questions/lack/fear.  We must hang on today and wait for it...trust in it...believe God for it.  

His promises are real and true and coming.  And even now today, they are here

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. (2) He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. (3) He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.  (4) Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.  (5) You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.  (6) Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.  ~Psalm 23:1-6

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991