Corona Devo 1634

“Amen, Lord! May it be so.”  ~Jeremiah 11:5 

~~~

The Lord gave another message to Jeremiah. He said, (2) “Remind the people of Judah and Jerusalem about the terms of my covenant with them. (3) Say to them, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: Cursed is anyone who does not obey the terms of my covenant! (4) For I said to your ancestors when I brought them out of the iron-smelting furnace of Egypt, “If you obey me and do whatever I command you, then you will be my people, and I will be your God.” (5) I said this so I could keep my promise to your ancestors to give you a land flowing with milk and honey—the land you live in today.’”  

Then I replied, “Amen, Lord! May it be so.”  ~Jeremiah 11:1-5  

~~~

The Lord reminds us today of His covenant with us.  But...wait a minute: What's a "covenant"?  

A covenant is a relationship between two partners who make binding promises to each other and work together to reach a common goal. They’re often accompanied by oaths, signs, and ceremonies. Covenants define obligations and commitments, but they are different from a contract because they are relational and personal. Think of a marriage... (bibleproject.com)

The Lord gave a message to Jeremiah in the Old Testament times, concerning God's covenant with His people, and the Lord gives us the same opportunity today, as we read His Word.  

Time has passed since God said these words pertaining to His covenant, but the importance of our immediacy in obedience remains current today and even right now.

His covenant invitation to the Israelites then is still His covenant invitation to us today.

Have we entered into covenant with God?  

Will we today?

It seems like a rhetorical question...but are we obeying the terms of His covenantAre WE obeying Him and doing what He commands?  

Are we aware of (God's) consequences of NOT obeying the terms of His covenant?  (Hint: It's not good.)  

‘This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: Cursed is anyone who does not obey the terms of my covenant!'   ~Jeremiah 11:3

How are things going for us?  "Cursed" is a strong term, but sometimes we can't figure out why nothing will align/connect/or be-at-peace in our lives.  Are we obeying the terms of our covenant with God?  Our honest answer might connect some cursed dots.

Or...Are we aware of (God's) consequences of OBEYING the terms of His covenant?  (Hint: It's good.)  

‘This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says... (4) ...“If you obey me and do whatever I command you, then you will be my people, and I will be your God.”  ~Jeremiah 11:3-4

How are things going for us?  If we choose to obey His terms...then we will be His people, and He will be our God.

I like those terms.  

Then I replied, “Amen, Lord! May it be so.”  ~Jeremiah 11:5  

What is our reply to God today?

How do we feel about Him reminding us about the terms of His covenant with us today?  Do we feel cursed or are we obeying?  

Are we His people?  Is He our God over our lives?

Then I replied, “Amen, Lord! May it be so.”  ~Jeremiah 11:5  

Then you replied, “Amen, Lord! May it be so.”  ~Jeremiah 11:5 

~~~

What is our reply to God today?

He invites us into a covenant with Him today, and His promise for us is blessing and not a curse

What is our reply?

‘This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: Cursed is anyone who does not obey the terms of my covenant! 

(4) For I said to your ancestors when I brought them out of the iron-smelting furnace of Egypt, “If you obey me and do whatever I command you, then you will be my people, and I will be your God.” 

(5) I said this so I could keep my promise to your ancestors to give you a land flowing with milk and honey—the land you live in today.’”  

Then I replied, “Amen, Lord! May it be so.”  ~Jeremiah 11:1-5  

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991