Corona Devo 1639

...Remember my chains.   ~Colossians 4:18

Do we know anyone who is in chains because of proclaiming Jesus to others?  Remember their chains today.  And may their chains free us to be bold in serving God in whatever physical/verbal/written/ artistic way that God has gifted us to.  

Remember their chains. 

The apostle Paul went through many struggles, persecutions, and captivities.  I would tell you about them, but I will let him:

I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. 

(24) Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. (25) Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, (26) I have been constantly on the move. 

I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. (27) I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. 

(28) Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches.  ~2 Corinthians 11:23-28

Those are some of Paul's chains, and he asks us to remember them, so that we might be fueled/motivated/mobilized by them.

Remember my chains.   ~Colossians 4:18

~~~

Another who was (literally) in chains for Christ was Pastor Richard Wurmbrand (1909—2001).  He was an evangelical minister who endured 14 years of Communist imprisonment and torture in his homeland of Romania. 

In 1945, when the Communists seized Romania and attempted to take control of the churches, Pastor Wurmbrand began an effective, vigorous “underground” ministry to oppressed believers as well as to the Russian soldiers occupying his country. He was arrested in 1948, along with his wife, Sabina, who was imprisoned for three years. Pastor Wurmbrand spent three years in solitary confinement, seeing no one but his Communist torturers. He was then transferred to a group cell, where the torture continued for five more years.

After finally being released, Pastor Wurmbrand and his wife founded "The Voice of the Martyrs", and traveled throughout the world establishing a network of more than 30 offices that provide relief to families of imprisoned Christians in Islamic nations, Communist nations and other countries where Christians are persecuted because of their faith. ( https://www.persecution.com/founders/ ) 

Pastor Wurmbrand was in chains for Christ for a very long and painful time.

Remember my chains.   ~Colossians 4:18

What freedoms in Christ and in-being-able-to-share-Christ with others are we taking for (shameful) granted today?  

Someone needs the hope of God today.  Most of us are free of chains in sharing the Lord, but will we?

~~~

A struggling sister-in-Christ of mine confided in me that God has been convicting her heart recently with the fact that following Jesus is not comfortable.  We deceive ourselves when we think that it should be. 

If we are following hard after the Lord and His will, life is going to be hard.  We will be in chains of some sort at some point(s).  Doing God's will stretches our patience...our kindness...our will...our faith... and our strength. 

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. (25) For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.  ~Matthew 16:24-25

Are we in chains for following Jesus?

If we are pursuing Christ, then we will be.  

And if we are not currently chained, get ready.  Because if we are doing faith right, it will most likely feel wrong to the world, because God's Kingdom is not of this world. 

Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”  ~Matthew 16:24-25

If this (broken) world that we live in is not God's kingdom, then that explains whose kingdom it is, and if the Light does not reign, then darkness does.  

They will resist us sharing the hope of Jesus, because it takes their control over our hearts and minds away.

They will seek to silence the truth of Christ and the freedom that comes in knowing Him. 

They will put us in chains, but the power we receive through the Holy Spirit cannot be caged behind bars.  Our freedom and God's salvation of our souls is invisible and invincible. We may be in chains but we are and forever-will-be free in Christ.

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.  ~John 8:32

~~~

Freedom in Christ supersedes the chains of this world.  Paul knew that.  

I, Paul, write this greeting in my own hand. Remember my chains. Grace be with you.  ~Colossians 4:18

~~~

Freedom in Christ supersedes the chains of this world.  Pastor Wurmbrand knew that.

“Hate the evil systems, but love your persecutors. Love their souls, and try to win them for Christ.” ~Pastor Wurmbrand ( https://www.persecution.com/founders/ ) 

~~~

Freedom in Christ supersedes the chains of this world.  WE must know that.  

Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.  ~Revelation 2:10

~~~

Remember my chains (Colossians 4:18), said/says every true Believer.  

We do...and we will allow their chains to unshackle us in service to the Lord today!


Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991