Corona Devo 1640

Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.  ~Galatians 6:2

I had a (standing) event on my calendar...but I didn't want to keep it.  

I was pretty sure that no one would notice if it didn't happen, because it's an unofficial gathering anyways.  No big deal, no true agenda, no gaining-ground from it, and no obligation to attend it.  

But when I do hold said-gathering, people do come.  God has an agenda everytime that I knew nothing about prior to the event.  He shows me the agenda after we gather, when I review the connections and conversations and prayers and praises and comforts.  And I am also aware that much occurs on God's agenda that I am not even privy to...that is His work also.  

This is how the Lord operates: through His people and with His people.  If we love God, then we love His people...and (if we will let them), His people will love us.

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ (38) This is the first and greatest commandment. (39) And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ (40) All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”  ~Matthew 22:37-40

Yes, I do love God and I love His people.  I even really enjoy being with His people.  

But (and maybe you are feeling like I was): ...I wasn't feeling like being with others.  I wasn't up for it. Not in the mood, and just not gung-ho about serving the Lord in that way this week.  

So, I wasn't going to do it.  And I was just fine with that.

But (apparently) the Lord wasn't.  This get-together that I wasn't-putting-together was His idea, but (again), I wasn't in the mood for it.  

But, I read the verse of the day on my Bible app, and it jabbed at me:

Then I read my daily devotional that I get from a good family-friend and it seemed like God was talking (Scripturally) right to me

Thought for today-- 

God created us in His own image. He created us to be in relationship with Him. He created us to be in relationship with others. Technology has become the enemy of true relationship...it will never replace a face to face dialogue. Technology has its advantages but it can also make us comfortable isolating. 
There is nothing like sitting with someone and discussing life and all that it involves. There is nothing like looking into the eyes of another person and praying for them. There is nothing like sitting across the table from someone and having a meal. There is nothing that can replace sitting in a circle with brothers and sisters in Christ and discussing life issues. 
We were not created to sit alone.... 
“It’s not good for man to be alone”. 
How important is it to you to have meaningful face to face interaction with others? 
How willing are you to invest in true relationships? 
It takes real relationships to form the “Body of Christ”, His Church...  ~Fred Beeson

The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”  ~Genesis 2:18

~~~

Okay, Lord!  I hear You, and I truly love the ways and means and people that You use to speak to us, Your children.  Thank You.

~~~

God knows what's best for us, and He created us to be in community.  We need people, and people need us.  That is the challenge and benefit and mystery of life and love and fellowship.  It wasn't our idea, it was God's.

So...if you (like me), are feeling like staying-separate today...don't.  

If we just aren't "up" to it, or "into" it, of "feeling" like getting-together with someone or a group of someone's...I get it. 

God does too.  

But out of His great love for us, He prods us to move forward and out of solitude...and into fortitude in fellowship with friends.  

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. (24) And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, (25) not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.  ~Hebrews 10:23-25

God has an agenda for us today that we know nothing about.  He'll show us it down the line, when we review the connections and conversations and prayers and praises and comforts of the day.  Or maybe He won't: that's up to Him.  

But being obedient to Him is up to us.

The Lord operates through His people and with His people.  If we love God, then we love His people...and (if we will let them), His people will love us.

~~~

Coffee, anyone?

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991