Corona Devo 1665

Every spring my mom had one request: she wanted flowers planted along the sidewalk leading up to her back porch.  The exact kinds of seed to be scattered could be varied, but zinnias had better be in the mix.  She loved those.

We knew her "ask" would come, usually around Mother's Day...and it always did.  Suggestive at first, and then flat-out guilting if necessary.  

In a wheelchair for over thirty years, she couldn't plant flowers herself, but their bright blooms brought her joy, and in order to bring her joy...one of us always planted them.

Zinnias made my mom happy.  Zinnias make me happy.  Even the word is fun.  Zingy.  Lively.  Just like their blooms and colors.  

Bring some zinnias into someone's day today: some zest and color.  Plant vibrancy where there was none before, and let God lead us in doing so.  

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  ~Romans 15:13

Maybe, like my mom was, we are confined by our mobility today...plant the zinnias anyway.  And perhaps it isn't a physical hurdle that we face, but an emotional one, or a worry one...or a spiritual one.  

But by the power of Jesus Christ, we can plant the zinnias anyway.  We can seek the joy in today...  We can burst with color today...  And we can embrace life today, instead of merely existing today.

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.  ~Proverbs 17:22


My husband came through the door with a bouquet of zinnias for me the other day.  He had grown them for me in honor of my mom and to honor my mom.  

Their bright blooms brought me joy, and this was precisely why he planted them.  I was reminded of the intentional steps that my mom took to seek joy.  And the intentional steps that my husband took to bring me joy

Let's make a decision to seek joy today.  Let's also be intentional to bring joy to others.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  ~Philippians 4:4


Lord, open our eyes to see the beautiful and vibrant "zinnias" in our lives.  You have been so good to us, and regardless of what situation we face today: Your joy is always available to us.  Help us to access it with Your help today.  Amen.   

You have enlarged the nation and increased their joy; they rejoice before you as people rejoice at the harvest, as warriors rejoice when dividing the plunder.  ~Isaiah 9:3

Zinnias are happy.  They are zingy.  Their blooms are bright and lively and lovely.

What does our face reveal about our hope-in-Jesus today?  

What do people see when they look in our eyes?  

Do our words and attitude reflect (radiate!) God's light...or the opposite?

Plant the zinnias today.  

Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, (9) for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.  ~I Peter 1:8-10

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991