Corona Devo 1668

The Lord gave another message to Jeremiah. He said, (2) “Go down to the potter’s shop, and I will speak to you there.” (3) So I did as he told me and found the potter working at his wheel. (4) But the jar he was making did not turn out as he had hoped, so he crushed it into a lump of clay again and started over.

(5) Then the Lord gave me this message: (6) “O Israel, can I not do to you as this potter has done to his clay? As the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand.  ~Jeremiah 18:1-6 

~~~

Why didn't the potter's jar "turn out as he had hoped" the first time?  

The Scripture doesn't say.  

Because it doesn't matter.  Yesterday doesn't matter.  Who or what caused where we are at today...doesn't matter.  We can and we should let it go.  That is not what's important.

What's important is today.  What's important is what God is speaking into us today, through His Word.

What's important (and attitude-changing, and life-changing, and hope-changing) is what the Bible says about us and our situation today, and moving forward from today.

Then the Lord gave me this message: (6) “O Israel, can I not do to you as this potter has done to his clay? As the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand.  ~Jeremiah 18:5-6

~~~

Has some part of us been crushed into a lump?

Our heart? Our dream? A physical capability or health-matter...crushed into a lump?  

Let God work today.  

See God work today.  

Let the Potter work in us and on us, His clay.

As the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in my hand.  ~Jeremiah 18:6 

God is reshaping our imperfection and trials today.  He is in the process of doing something good. 

Even if we do not understand or appreciate or want the (emotional/physical/spiritual/financial) state that we are in today...remember that we are the (precious) clay in our (Heavenly) Potter's hand.  

There's no other place that I would rather be.  

Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991