Corona Devo 1670

Have you read the Bible?  I mean the end of it: last pages and Chapter.  It's slightly concerning, because we are not in there.  Well...as Believers we are surely in there (and in Eternity!). But as a nation, America is not found in the last days of the Bible. 

That could be up for interpretation and I am no "End Times" scholar, so please don't freak out on my observation.  But I do love to study about God and His one and only Son, and I have noticed a recurring theme in Their nature and Their love for us: We serve a God of second chances.

God WILL forgive if people's hearts are repentant. 

God will forgive IF people's hearts are repentant. 

If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, (8) and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned.  ~Jeremiah 18:7-8

When God speaks to Jeremiah about the nation of Israel over 2,000 years ago, it is very much as if he could be speaking to our Nation today. The options that God presented to Israel are the same options He presents to the United States (and all nations)

What decision will we make? What decisions ARE we making? 

If we will renounce our evil ways, then God will not destroy us or our Nation. 

...if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned.  ~Jeremiah 18:7-8  

I'm not (exactly) saying that God has warned to inflict disaster on America due to our evil...but...does the shoe fit?

What I am saying (and what I believe that God is saying), is that an alternate and reversed option (from disaster) is possible and even probable for the United States...if we will repent of our evil. 

It's written in the Bible, and it's certainly ours (and any nation's) for the taking.  We can take God up on His mercy and grace.

That goes for nations, but it goes for individuals too.  

We serve a God of second chances.

Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

Redemption is any nation's opportunity, and it is any one of our personal opportunities also.

Let's take this opportunity to be forgiven and redeemed, Friends, and let's take this opportunity, America! 

...and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned.  ~Jeremiah 18:8

But the flip side of this verse, and God's holiness is also true.  If we have been rooted in Him...but then become self-reliant and fill our lives with self-truth instead of God's truth...then the opposite consequence will come.  First to us as individuals, and then (regrettably) to us as Americans.

(9) And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, (10) and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it.  ~Jeremiah 18:9-10

Jeremiah spoke these words from the Lord to Israel.  But listen to them today for us.  For you.  For me.  Are we listening?

(11) “Now therefore say to the people of Judah and those living in Jerusalem, ‘This is what the Lord says: Look! I am preparing a disaster for you and devising a plan against you. So turn from your evil ways, each one of you, and reform your ways and your actions.’  ~Jeremiah 18:11

Will we listen?   Can we hear the truth ringing out from this verse and into our American ears?  

And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted...  ~Jeremiah 18:9

God did build up and plant this Nation after His desires and by men and women seeking to serve Him.  Read their letters, diaries and journals.  Study our founding documents and National protocols.  God...and their obedience to Him is well-documented in our American history and in our American hearts.  This Nation is unique among nations for this reason.  God is our Founding Father.  

But where have we as a nation esteemed God and His word today?  

...and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it.  ~Jeremiah 18:10

But...God gives us a chance.  He always gives us a chance.  These verses are a cycle: there are two options ever before any nation (and any individual): God will forgive if people's hearts are repentant. He will not forgive if they are not. 

 Then the word of the Lord came to me. (6) He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel. 

(7) If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, (8) and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. 

(9) And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, (10) and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it.  

(11) “Now therefore say to the people of Judah and those living in Jerusalem, ‘This is what the Lord says: Look! I am preparing a disaster for you and devising a plan against you. So turn from your evil ways, each one of you, and reform your ways and your actions.’    ~Jeremiah 18:5-11

The choice is completely ours.  

I am not an End Times scholar, but something is afoot, and the last pages of the Bible do not mention America....

Yes: Somethin's happen here.  What it is ain't exactly clear..."  (Buffalo Springfield)

But what is clear are the opportunities that God gives...to nations and to individuals alike.  

  • Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away. (20) Then times of refreshment will come from the presence of the Lord, and he will again send you Jesus, your appointed Messiah.  ~Acts 3:19-20 
  • The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.  ~2 Peter 3:9  
  • From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”  ~Matthew 4:17
 I am voting for option A: and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned (Jeremiah 18:8).

We serve a God of second chances.

Let's repent today, citizens.  If we will REPENT, then God will RELENT, and He can rewrite the ending to our (American) story. 

We would be grateful for a bonus chapter. written out of God's grace. 

God WILL forgive if people's hearts are repentant. 

God will forgive IF people's hearts are repentant. 



Blessings,

sarah

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1156

Corona Devo 1217

Corona Devo 991