Corona Devo 3250
We had a garage sale this week, and there are so many pieces involved with an event like that, and I wasn't ready. The night before, I stood frozen and overwhelmed amongst (literally) countless piles of bagged clothing and goods of every sort in our garage. Feeling (uncharacteristically) helpless and frozen, I looked to my husband and begged his help in where to start, and what to do.
Lovingly and with insight, he established a plan, and we got in motion and in the Spirit.
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. ~2 Timothy 1:7
I was (unusually) overwhelmed initially, and I knew that was not of God. But as we prayed and prepped things...I knew He was here.
(Of course God is always here, but sometimes we miss Him, or we allow other things, or our emotions to supercede Him.)
When I awoke for the first morning of the garage sale after only four hours of sleep, something felt different: It was me!
- In the day of prosperity be joyful... ~Ecclesiastes 7:14
I was (somehow) rested and excited to begin the day. That was my first reminder that God was in charge of the day.
When I drove around to stick (and pound) the garage sale signs into the hard and dry ground on street corners...they went in more easily than any time I could remember.
That was my second reminder that God was in charge of the day: The signs never go in the ground that easily.
People slowly pulled up to our house all day, and I mean, all day, from the older gentleman who arrived at 7:30 AM looking for (anything with dinosaurs), to the neighbor kids that I had to (lovingly) send home at 5:00 PM.
And I hardly knew where the time went, because the (sunny, gorgeous) day went so quickly and so many great people walked up our driveway and into our lives.
- In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: Surely God has appointed the one as well as the other, so that man can find out nothing that will come after him. ~Ecclesiastes 7:14
- Then Mary said, “I am the Lord’s servant. Let it be with me just as you have said.” ~Luke 1:38
When I woke for the second day of the garage sale, it sounded (to me) like there was an engine running over the top of our house, and then I realized that it was rain falling heavily and steadily like the pounding boots of marching soldiers.
We try to control many things, but the weather is one that only God can manage, and rain doesn't bode well (at all) for a garage sale. But rather than despair, I felt a lift in my heart and a freedom in not being in control.
I knew that God was. He brings the sun, and He brings the rain. Our day is up to Him.
- In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: Surely God has appointed the one as well as the other, so that man can find out nothing that will come after him. ~Ecclesiastes 7:14
- Then Mary said, “I am the Lord’s servant. Let it be with me just as you have said.” ~Luke 1:38
As the rain poured down, I got ready for the day and mused that perhaps we were busy at the garage sale yesterday because there won't be one today. And I was at total peace with that.
We would have to see what God says.
~~~
In the ups and downs of our days...God has made them both.
My wrench-in-the-gears-of-life (today) was rain...what's yours?
Very few days are perfect days...but how will we react? To what will we run for guidance and peace?
I don't always defer to the Holy Spirit's guidance (and peace), but when I do...and what a difference it makes.
Either way: rain or shine...it would be okay, and I would be okay. You will be too.
- Then Mary said, “I am the Lord’s servant. Let it be with me just as you have said.” ~Luke 1:38
The rain continued until our (easily-posted-in-the-wet-ground) sale opening-time, and for about an hour afterwards.
The rain petered out, but we debated the day, because more was forecasted to fall again (fiercely) in an hour or so.
We decided to go for it anyway, mostly because we had no fears not to.
The weather showed rain and storms coming, and (at the projected time), it felt as if they hung over our house...but the rains did not return.
Just more people and prayers answered.
- In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity consider: Surely God has appointed the one as well as the other, so that man can find out nothing that will come after him. ~Ecclesiastes 7:14
- Then Mary said, “I am the Lord’s servant. Let it be with me just as you have said.” ~Luke 1:38
~~~
Is it a rainy day in our spirit? Wind's so strong, and rain's so heavy that we can't even open the garage door for fear of everything getting ruined? Is that the kind of day or intimidation that we face today?
Have our plans for the day, or for our dream been dashed and dampened by things out of our control?
Surely God has appointed the one as well as the other (Ecclesiastes 7:14).
Whatever He is up to...our answer is, "Yes".
- Then Mary said, “I am the Lord’s servant. Let it be with me just as you have said.” ~Luke 1:38
Be at peace today, Brothers and Sisters in Christ. If we are overwhelmed or helpless or hopeless, these are not things of God.
The sun is shining because the Lord intended it too. The rain may fall heavy, but it is no surprise to our King. Life is both and God is both and all. And we are his servants. Let it be with us as He has said.
God is in (complete) control today. He brings the sun, and He brings the rain, and (relax) our day is up to Him.
You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. ~Isaiah 26:3
Blessings,
sarah
https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com
Comments
Post a Comment