Corona Devo 3262
...Does yours ever do the same?
It's too much.
Sometimes we can barely manage/put-up-with/handle/or take this world. There is no peace anywhere to be found.
Or is there?
Ask Him for help.
Seek His guidance and peace today.
Jesus Christ assures us that He has overcome the world, and Jesus gives us our peace: ...He gives us His peace.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. ~John 14:27
The brokenness, the stress, the weight that presses into and onto us....Jesus has overcome it. All of it. We do not have to shoulder the world alone because Christ has done that...and He came out victorious.
Instead of shriveling under the trouble of this world, Jesus gives us His peace so that we can take heart and be encouraged and strengthened today.
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” ~John 16:33
The weight of this world steals our peace and seeks to destroy our joy.
But Jesus has overcome this world.
How does that affect us? What does that mean for us?
“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.” ~John 16:33
Jesus overcoming this world means everything for us today because we don't have to overcome this world. He already has.
We should stay vigilant in prayer, for this is where He speaks His peace in to our hearts.
The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. ~Psalm 145:18
We should read the Bible, for God does not hide His hope and truth from us. And Jesus actually prayed to God the Father for us. Jesus knew what His followers would face if they lived out their faith, and Jesus prayed for us.
For us today. For us in the unknown outcome. For us in the trial. For us in the tragedy. For us under the weight of the world.
Jesus prayed for us. Even as we kneel before Him today--and feel the weight of the world on our shoulders...Jesus has shouldered that weight for us, and He has prayed for us to stand up under it.
My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. (16) They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. (17) Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. (18) As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. (19) For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified. ~John 17:15-19
And so...even as our heart quickens...pray.
...pray continually, (18) give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. ~I Thessalonians 6:17-18
Even if stress is mounting...trust.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;... ~Proverbs 3:5
He will not let your foot slip—he who watches over you will not slumber... ~Psalm 121:3
Even when uncertainties loom, our future and our King are certain.
- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~Jeremiah 29:11
- Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. ~Hebrews 13:8
- As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands. ~Psalm 119:143
- “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” ~John 16:33
Blessings,
sarah
https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com
Comments
Post a Comment