It doesn't surprise me when my kids study for a test and then get an "A".
Should it?
Our before-activity has a direct-effect on our outcome.
It doesn't surprise me when I am (actually) diligent about what I eat or snack on...and then I feel better about myself and within myself.
Should it?
Our before-activity has a direct-effect on our outcome.
I love the Lord. I pray very often to Him. I know that God hears us when we speak to Him (audibly or inaudibly).
The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. ~James 5:16
So, why should it surprise me when I pray...and God answers?
It should not surprise us when God hears us and answers us.
Our before-activity has a direct-effect on our outcome.
Perhaps we expect His answer to be delayed...because so often, it is. We pray and desire for now, and God's timing often seems on a different clock than ours.
And you and I both know that we have prayers that have been prayed for years, and yet we have experienced no visible/palpable change in the situation or person.
But, this leads us back to the original question: Should we be surprised when God does answer our prayers?
Of course not.
And because I have experienced this lately, I have to give God praise and glory and my gratitude.
It should not surprise us when God answers our prayers and the prayers of others.
Our before-activity has a direct-effect on our outcome.
~~~
“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. (20) For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” ~Matthew 18:19-20
Earlier this month I accidentally lost my composure when chatting with a couple sisters-in-Christ. (Self) Pressure had been mounting in my mind and heart about the start of the school year, and specifically about the Christian school groups that our family helps to run within our district.
When one of the women inquired about them, my guard came down and my anxiety spilled-out. Scheduling, advertising, finding student leaders...my faith faltered as I worried about how "I" would make it all happen.
My (wise) sisters-in-Christ paused right then to pray--not for me, but for God's groups and for His fame to be known, and for people to join-in on that (Gospel) mission. They also said that they would commit to praying for these groups.
All these with one accord were devoting themselves to prayer, together with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and his brothers. ~Acts 1:14
That was only a couple weeks ago.
Should it surprise us when we pray...and God answers?
Of course not.
But...all the same (and a bit ashamedly)--it has surprised and delighted me to see these prayers being answered.
And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. ~Luke 11:9
Our family (hastily) put together a garage sale to raise funds for once-a-month pizza for the Christian clubs for the coming year...and God blessed it. The Lord obviously knew where the dividends were going, because there's no way that one man's trash could become another man's treasure so unexplainably, except if people were praying.
Our before-activity has a direct-effect on our outcome, and thank you to my sisters-in-Christ who are praying for the Truth of God to be spread in our schools! God heard them!
When we had a start-of-school open houses at a couple of the schools, I doubted that anyone would be interested in working the table to advertise the Bible-groups. But should it surprise us when we pray...and God answers? (Of course not.)
Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known. ~Jeremiah 33:3
One school had five (current Christian group members) students show up to "work" (that's amazing!), and they were excited to be there, and it showed as they invited new students and shined the light of Christ to new students and parents.
Another school had forty students sign up to receive information about attending the Christian afterschool meetings!!
Should I be surprised?
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. ~Mark 11:24
~~~
I sometimes get nervous in wondering if we will have enough students that will step into leadership roles, so that weekly teaching is shared and fun, instead of forced and burdensome.
Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. ~Romans 8:26
Should I be surprised that students are reaching out to me, asking about leading and how they can become more involved?
Thank you God, for answering prayers!!
Shame on us when we take on the burden of things that were never ours to shoulder. God's in charge, if we will just let Him be.
Forgive me, Father, for my control. Forgive us when we lack faith and (instead) force our own control. Thank you for showing Yourself to us through answered prayers. Help us to KEEP SUBMITTING everything to You, Lord. Amen.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. ~Philippians 4:6
We cannot expect God to be a genie in a bottle. He is not.
And while some prayers we may not have answered in our lifetime, some prayers we will see answered.
And--it shouldn't surprise us when they are answered.
Our before-activity has a direct-effect on our outcome.
Blessings,
sarah
https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com
Comments
Post a Comment