Corona Devo 3266

Nutritional value in Pop-Tarts today?  

I'm pretty sure the answer is less than 1%, maybe even zero.

But, when I asked our middle son if there was anything that he would like from home, (since his college roommate was in town and could pick it up), our son said, "Pop Tarts".

Such an interesting request, (and one that is neither healthy nor fulfilling), but it was a request that I wanted to fulfill anyway, if it would make him happy.

His friend was stopping over while we would be at church, and I had readied some other items for the campus-drop, but I had forgotten to buy some Pop-Tarts.

I realized this minutes before our church-departure time, but luckily...we have a convenience store right by our house. I hurried there, hoping they would be open and they were. Not only that, but when I hurried into the breakfast aisle, they had Pop Tarts! I hurriedly grabbed some and hurried to the check out.

I was in a hurry.

Getting the Pop Tarts for our son was important to me, but getting to church on time was also important to me.

When I jumped up to the counter, a kind lady that I had seen before rang up my Pop Tarts. I asked her how she was today?

"In pain", she said, but I noticed a smile deep in her eyes.

In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”  ~John 16:33

She continued, "I listened to the Word on my drive in today, and God gave me the strength, but I drive an hour to get here to work, and I am so grateful that my employees showed up, because now that I have opened, I can go home because they are here now." And then she mentioned her pain again.

I asked her about the pain. She explained to me about carpal tunnel in both hands and rheumatoid arthritis as well. She mentioned an upcoming surgery that she "prays will alleviate the pain".

She was stable and strong as she spoke, but I knew that her pain was real and present.

My Pop Tarts were paid for, but I felt a knock on my heart that told me I didn't come in this store for Pop Tarts.

And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.   ~Ezekiel 36:27

I asked the lady her name, and when she shared it, I told her mine and asked if we could pray?

There was a lady behind me that had been listening to all of this, and I met her eyes and asked if we could have another minute. She nodded and bowed her head with us!

“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. (15) Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. (16) In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.  ~Matthew 5:14-16

I prayed for her relief from the pain but also for her strength and encouragement from the Lord as she walked through it. I praised the Lord for her work ethic and sense of duty and responsibility, even in the midst of trial. And we praised God for the hope that He provides to us in this world of pain and suffering.

Do you not know?  Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. (29) He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. (30) Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; (31) but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.  ~Isaiah 40:25-31

It was a short prayer, but our hands stayed locked in God's grasp for a beautiful second or two after we said "Amen". I felt good, and I know that she did too.

“Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.  ~Matthew 18:18-19

God arranged this prayer-meeting this through Pop Tarts!

What I thought was a college-kid snack-request being fulfilled at the very last minute (before church) was actually God's perfect timing in connecting me with one of His children who needed a word of encouragement and prayer, reminding her of God's hope and that she doesn't walk alone.

Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” (14) Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. (15) Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”  ~James 4:13-15

It was the Lord's will for me to be in that store at that time, and He used Pop Tarts to get me there.

~~~

What is the Lord using in our lives today?

I learned (all over again) today that God can use anything to connect us to others in His Name. Even Pop Tarts.

Let's open our eyes. Let's open our hearts. Let's open our spirit to what God is doing right in front of us...and let's join Him.

In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.”   ~John 5:17

~~~

Nutritional value in Pop-Tarts today?  I'm pretty sure the answer is less than 1%, maybe even zero.

Spiritual value in Pop-Tarts today? 100%.

Blessings,

sarah 

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1065

Corona Devo 1063

Corona Devo 1064