Corona Devo 3273
It's sort of a long story, and (to be honest), I don't know the full-origin of it, but a (fun!) cousin of my dad's who lived in California, used to bring a box of chocolates when she visited our family in Ohio.
I remember the square and round chocolate-covered delicacies, and the box said: See's Candies.
My heart remembers that box...and now and then when life's travels blow us westward, we will sometimes visit a city that boasts a "See's Candies" chocolate boutique. I like to stop in and look around, and if nothing else...I love to sniff the chocolate air.
But when we visited a Sees's Candies shop recently in Arizona, we had the blessing of doing more than just breathe the candies. The (kind and generous) lady at the counter seemed to be waiting to give us samples to enjoy.
Yes, I said samples, plural, and even as we entered the store, I saw her scoop up a piece of dark-chocolate goodness for each of us as we walked toward the glass-windowed counter.
Some kind of (heavenly) dark chocolate with cream-filling.
It was every bit as delicious as one might imagine a specialty chocolate to be.
And perhaps you (like me) have been in some candy stores that slice their candies into small (miniscule) sizes for sampling. But not See's Candies. This (angelic) woman gave each of us our own big chocolate to enjoy as a sample.
I delighted in it, and she seemed to delight in me delighting in it.
We picked out some chocolates to purchase, and if one of us would ask, "What is that square milk one?" or "What is in that white one with sprinkles?"
We were just asking so as to know what to order...and then boom, the (generous) candy-counter-lady would hand out a sample of that flavored chocolate to each member of our family.
I actually got to the point where I couldn't eat any more samples!!
And finally, as we paid for our purchased candy and thanked her for everything, I asked her a final question, "What's your favorite flavor?"
After all, if anyone knew these chocolate gems, it was this lady, and I wanted to connect with her, and invest with her, and see what the experts say.
We had checked out. We were done here. We were on our way to the door as we wrapped up this conversation and our exchange with her.
And yet...her gloved-hands were pulling out one more full-chocolate sample for each member of our family, and as she pressed a dark chocolate-covered coconut haystack into each of our hands, she said that we "just had to try" her favorite. (And she was right--that one ended up being my favorite candy too.)
~~~
Can you imagine the giving heart of this woman?
When was the last time someone spoiled us over and over just because they delighted to share the good-thing that they had with others?
When was the last time we had so much sweetness/goodness/blessing that we (literally) didn't have room for any more?
- In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. ~I John 4:10
- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Sweeter, deeper, and more filling that all of the best chocolate samples in the world are the truth and depth of God's authentic and agape (unconditional and sacrificial) love for us.
God loves us more than we can grasp, Brothers and Sisters. Sample His Scriptures today. Taste His Word. Savor the fervor with which He claims us as His:
- But now, this is what the Lord says—he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. ~Isaiah 43:1
- The Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you. ~Jeremiah 31:3
- Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? (36) As it is written: “For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.” (37) Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. (38) For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, (39) nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ~Romans 8:35-38
Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?”(22) Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. ~Matthew 18:21-22
~~~
If we think free chocolates in a candy store sound delicious...remember and return to the Lord today. He has more love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness. faithfulness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23) for us that we can imagine, and He pours it out over us and our lives.
Instead of chocolates, God gives us the fruits (of His Spirit), and they will change our lives if we will sample them and get on a steady diet.
Our Lord delights to delight in us, Friends. Let's take Him up on what He is offering us:
- Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. ~Psalm 37:4
- You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. ~Psalm 16:11
sarah
https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com
Comments
Post a Comment