Corona Devo 3277

So often I worry about other people, and often--other people's children.  Do you?  How can we help?  Can I make a connection for them?  And most importantly: how can I help them to grow in Christ?  

I have a true desire to assist adults in becoming more Godly.  But children?  I  have a deep desire.  They have their whole lives in front of them.  What if...  WHAT IF!  They could live those lives in the fullness and purpose of the Lord?

The next generation (and every generation!) are of great value to the Lord, and (God says) that we should have a burden for them.  

When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” 

“Yes, Lord,” he said, “you know that I love you.” 

Jesus said, “Feed my lambs.”  ~John 21:15

We have a call on our lives to feed the lambs (young) of the world, and we may often consider how.  How can we help the young people and young adults that we know?  ...That our kids know?  

How could-we/should-we bless them, or encourage them, or share God's Truth with them?  
I think about these children.  I bake for these children.  I drive for these children.  I pray for these (other) children.  

And we should.

Jesus did. 

Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”  ~Matthew 19:14

These are good intentions.  These are righteous ambitions.  These are children that need the Lord, and He has told us to feed them if we love Him.

But if that command ended with a period, then I read another in the Bible that ended with an exclamation point.  

If we are a parent today...there is a command that rings louder in our ears.  There is a law in bolder font for us in our Bible today. 

~~~

What is first?

WHO is first? 

Well, first is Him.  God alone is our God alone. 

Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’  ~Matthew 22:37

God is first in our lives and hearts.  Don't forget: God is telling me not to forget. 

And then comes marriage.  After our Lord, our spouse is the one that God gave us and we must do our (daily) best to help them know/feel/trust that they are the one for us.  

Didn’t the Lord make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his.   ~Malachi 2:15

First comes our love for our God.  Then comes our love for our spouse in marriage.  And then...if it be the Lord's will, then next comes the baby or babies in the baby carriage.  

And those babies, those kids, those young adults, those adult children are to be our next (life and faith) focus.  

Sometimes in the hustle of serving the world, and other people's children, and ourselves, we forget about the importance of serving our own children in the Name of the Lord.  

We (me!) may be seeking and searching to bring other children up and build other children up in Christ...and it is good and mete to do so.

But we can't forget...
God speaks to us through the Bible today because we do forget...

Godly children.  That's what He wants from us.

Didn’t the Lord make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his.  And what does he want? Godly children from your union.  So guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth.  ~Malachi 2:15


If we are married, and if we have children... God reminds us of what He wants for us in that situation.  The role of raising a child encompasses so much, and the pressures of the world and the benchmarks of society all push for different things in our children.  

But what does the Lord want?

And what does he want? Godly children from your union.  ~Malachi 2:15

I know that I keep repeating it, but it just hit me so hard, albeit so simply.  God only gives one directive to parents: raise up Godly children from your union.  Are we missing that mark?  

It's a tall order.  And it can feel like pressure.  But God also provided us with the spiritual Textbook for teaching them how to be Godly children.  It's called the Bible.

These are the commands, decrees and laws the Lord your God directed me to teach you to observe in the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, (2) so that you, your children and their children after them may fear the Lord your God as long as you live by keeping all his decrees and commands that I give you, and so that you may enjoy long life.

(3) Hear, Israel, and be careful to obey so that it may go well with you and that you may increase greatly in a land flowing with milk and honey, just as the Lord, the God of your ancestors, promised you.

(4) Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. (5) Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. (6) These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. (7) Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. (8) Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. (9) Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. ~Deuteronomy 6:1-9

~~~

So often we worry about changing the world for the Lord.   And-yes, we have roles and influence and callings in raising up the world's children in Christ.  But first, (and the Bible reminds us today: foremost) God clarifies and hones-us-in on His immediate and overarching life-assignment for parents.  Our children are parents first, and most kingdom-affecting focus.

Today, (if applicable) let's look within our (literal) family of Christ, and consider: How can we help?  Can I make a connection for them?  And most importantly: how can I help them to grow in Christ?

God wants Godly children.  

How can we help?

Didn’t the Lord make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his.  And what does he want? Godly children from your union.  So guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth.  ~Malachi 2:15

Blessings,

sarah 

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1065

Corona Devo 1063

Corona Devo 1064