Corona Devo 3286

I found this guy walking on the wall at work the other day. 

                      

My usual practice with insects of any kind is the death penalty, and I don't feel a lick of remorse in sharing that with you.  

Judge me if you like, but bugs belong outside in their domain, and not inside in mine.

However, as I watched this delicate arachnid climb and rappel up and down the wall on an invisible string for a minute or two, I had the thought that perhaps I could take him outside and let him go free...instead of crushing and then flushing him.

In a moment of kindness, I gently cupped his tiny torso in a wad of toilet paper, and he stayed still in the two-ply softness as I made a bee-line to the front door of the office and then uncrumpled both him and paper to release him into the freedom of daylight.

(Seemingly) stunned at my goodwill-deed, he stood still for a long minute, and then I saw him march away into the sidewalk crack. 

~~~

Can we just be nice today, as we seek to imitate God?  

It could literally change someone's life.  And at the very least, we could brighten someone's day.

Sure, we might be justified in bringing the hammer down on someone, and we might be in the right, and have every right to do so.  But...what if we answered/corrected/critiqued in love instead of by force, or by placing fear?

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. (17) This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. (18) There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.  

(19) We love because he first loved us. (20) Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. (21) And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.  ~I John 4:16-21


~~~

Can we just be kind today, in the name (and likeness) of Jesus?

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.  ~Ephesians 4:32

How about we create a moment of kindness, instead of meanness?  
What if we let someone go (emotionally/physically/mentally/spiritually) free...instead of crushing and then flushing them today?  

“Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. (24) As he began the settlement, a man who owed him ten thousand bags of gold was brought to him. (25) Since he was not able to pay, the master ordered that he and his wife and his children and all that he had be sold to repay the debt.
(26) “At this the servant fell on his knees before him. ‘Be patient with me,’ he begged, ‘and I will pay back everything.’ (27) The servant’s master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.  ~Matthew 18:23-27


Jesus told this parable to describe what God did for us in canceling our (sin) debt because of Christ's sacrifice for us.  God took pity on us, canceled our debt and let us go.
God forgave us.  

Let's do the same today.

Instead of strong-arming someone, maybe today's the day to release someone and set them free.  

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”

(22) Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.  ~Matthew 18:21-22

~~~

Judging by what Jesus said and did...I don't think He wants us to serve the death penalty today.    
...Not to someone's feelings...not to someone's dreams, not to someone's heart.

  • The tongue has the power of life and death...  ~Proverbs 18:21 
  • Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.  ~Ephesians 4:29

We stand corrected if we treat people harshly and feel no remorse about it, because every person and soul born to this earth belongs to God, and this world is His domain, and not ours.  

Can we just be nice today, in the name of the Lord and in the likeness of Jesus?

When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.  ~Matthew 9:36  

~~~

Even if we are right...can we be kind

Could we deliver the news/verdict/decision/truth in a different way? 

  • Let all that you do be done with love.  ~I Corinthians 16:14
  • You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love. (14) For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself."  ~Galatians 5:13-14

Others may be seemingly stunned at our goodwill-deed or words...and wouldn't that be a wonderful witness for us to wield?

Blessings,

sarah 

https://sarahsundy04.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1065

Corona Devo 1063

Corona Devo 1064