Corona Devo 3298
We have a lot of deer that roam our city, and the place that I see them the most...is in our backyard. Early morning, late night, or in broad daylight: multiples of them are often out there munching acorns.
Munching on what?
Did we know that deer eat acorns? They sure do, and we have quite a few oak trees in our backyard that drop high volumes of acorns, and so, the deer are here.
This morning when I got up, I did not see a single deer, but I heard a single tiny sweet sound in the darkness. A lone acorn had fallen to the ground, and with the window open, as I got ready for the day, I then heard the ping-bounce sound of quite a few other acorns falling to the ground...soon to be deer food.
Hearing an acorn fall to the ground requires a unique (quiet!) environment, and today I experienced it.
I had seen proof of those acorns falling, because the deer are always around eating them. But when was the last time that we heard an acorn fall?
~~~
Many of us are intimidated and waylaid by the idea of talking to someone about our faith, or about our love for the Lord.
And yet each of us know of the Lord Jesus Christ, and have put our faith in Him because someone took the time (and bravery) to share with us about the hope and love of God.
~~~
We need to understand the love of Jesus: there was an acorn that fell so that we could know the truth and the hope of His resurrection and His life.
Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. ~John 12:24
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected, and that is the hallmark of our faith in Christ, and He is the cornerstone of our belief and salvation in Him.
He died so that we can live in Him, and with Him forever.
We know because it changed ours, right?
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. ~Romans 1:16
We have to break-out of our comfort zone today and tell people about Jesus!
...unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. ~John 12:24
This verse is 100% about the Lord Jesus Christ and about how His death opened the door for us to live.
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit... ~Matthew 28:19
We must live for the Lord, and become a part in God's process of bringing many to glory.
“Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.”...(10) then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near. ~Revelation 22:7, 10
Until Christ comes back...we have to share God's Word and words in the Bible. We can't seal it up another day or another minute.
We know about God's truth and love..it's time to share it.
Then he told me, “Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, because the time is near. (11) Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile; let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”
(12) “Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. (13) I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
(14) “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. (15) Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood. ~Revelation 22:10-15
- us living for Him (let the one who does right continue to do right; and let the holy person continue to be holy.”)
- us sharing Him (Do not seal up the words of the prophecy),
- us being blessed by Him (“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done... (14) “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city..." (Revelation 22:12, 14)
~~~
I rarely hear an acorn fall in my backyard, but I see deer feasting on the grass-floor full of them all the time.
The acorns fall without much fanfare, but they are life-giving to the deer.
Let's pound-the-pavement for our Savior today, and let's share the bread-of-life with someone who has never eaten of it before.
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? ~Romans 10:14
Comments
Post a Comment