Corona Devo 3303
To be honest, I have absolutely no idea how it even happened, but we have an egress window-well (with a raised barrier surrounding it), and when my husband happened to glance at the bottom of the well the other day: there was a bunny rabbit down there.
And not a tiny bunny rabbit: a full-grown (larger than you expect when you get up really close to it) rabbit.
We had a rabbit stranded at the bottom of a 10+ foot window well.
My husband mentioned this to me in passing as he packed his fishing bag and headed out the door to throw a few casts at a nearby lake.
I followed him out the door, declaring that before he went fishing, we had to fish that bunny out of the pit it was (somehow) in.
He was lost, but now he had been found.
~~~
I waited patiently for the Lord;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
(2) He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
(3) He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.
(4) Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
(5) Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us.
None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare...
(17) But as for me, I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; you are my God, do not delay. ~Psalm 40:1-5, 17
~~~
How that rabbit fell/hopped/got to the bottom of that window-well, I cannot figure out.
But I knew one thing: we couldn't leave him there.
I wasn't leaving Him there.
I surely know that he would not have survived had we not airlifted him (via plastic tote) out of there.
Brothers and Sisters, for some of us, the depths of our sin are confounding to us, and isolating. We don't know how things got this carried away, or so out of control.
And others of us know exactly how it happened. And either way: we find ourselves helpless and hopeless and powerless today.
We've ruined relationships, agreements, vows, promises, dreams, trust, expectations and lives because of our sin.
He won't leave us there.
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. ~Revelation 3:20
~~~
Have we been waiting for the Lord? Patiently, even?
He is here today, and He hears our cry.
I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. ~Psalm 40:1
Have we (like the rabbit) somehow found ourselves in a deep pit? Too deep for us to free ourselves from?
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire... ~Psalm 40:2
And yet the Lord extends His mercy to those willing to receive it. Will we?
Accept Him and go free, Friend in Christ! Free from the chains of sin and free from the guilt and death of it.
Like the once-trapped bunny, we have been set free in Christ Jesus, and we have a new life to live and a new song to sing because of it!
We were lost, but now we are found in Christ, and He has a purpose and a plan for our story.
...he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. (3) He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.
(4) Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods.
(5) Many, Lord my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us...
(17) But as for me, I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; you are my God, do not delay. ~Psalm 40:2-5, 17
~~~
Be free today.
The Lord offers us this freedom, if we will just trust Him and in Him.
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. ~Ephesians 5:1
Blessings,


Comments
Post a Comment