Corona Devo 3304

What's your favorite Bible verse? 

Our daughter showed me a video recently of a university women's soccer team, and in it, the girls on the team take turns answering this question. "What's your favorite Bible verse?"

One at a time, the video flips from one player to the next, as each young woman announces her fave Scripture reference (for instance, Proverbs 3:5-6), and then each player then recites their stated verse from memory.  It's quite powerful.

Can we do this?  

Would we do this, if someone publicly asked us our favorite Bible verse and then began to record our answer?

Could we answer with Bible reference and by quoting a verse that has had influence on us?

Good for you, Vanderbilt University's Women's Soccer Team!  (https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ddtwe7TxHuL/ )

  • Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.  ~I Samuel 2:30 
  • For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.  ~Romans 1:16

~~~

Let's look back to our question of the day: "What's your favorite Bible verse?"

As we review our lives and our spiritual seasons, we will most likely realize that we have had many "favorite" verses that spoke to us at different stages and times of our lives.

As I read the final verses in Chapter 22 of the Book of Revelation...(.which are the final verses in the Bible), I read my new/current/immediate favorite Bible verse.

Go ahead--roll the camera because I will go public in proclaiming Revelation 22:20 as my Scriptural heartbeat right now:

He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!”

Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!  ~Revelation 22:20

This is Jesus putting His stamp and promise on every word in the Bible... and on us.  Jesus declares to us that He is the faithful witness to all these things... 

All these things that the Lord has written in the sixty-six books of the Bible: Jesus tells us that He is the faithful witness to all these things.

Everything (wild and true!) in the Book of Revelation, including that there will be judgement for the wicked and reward for the faithful--Jesus tells us that He is the faithful witness to all these things.

All of it--every single word and prophecy and promise that God's Word (the Bible) teaches and reveals to those who are bold enough to read it:  Jesus tells us that He is the faithful witness to all these things.

That's enough to make us stake Revelation 22:20 as our new favorite verse, but it is the second half of the verse that drives the faith-stake into my heart and forces me to go on record revealing Revelation 22:20 as my current favorite Verse: Amen! Come, Lord Jesus! (Revelation 22:20)

Beloved...it's like Jesus has His holy fingers on our wrist, feeling for our pulse, and as our heart beats in this world, Jesus uses Revelation 22:20 to calculate our soul's deepest desire: Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!  (Revelation 22:20).

Come, Lord Jesus.  

Have we prayed it?  Come, Lord Jesus.  

Have we cried-it-out?  Come, Lord Jesus.  

Have we had it up to here with the trials and sin and wickedness of this world? Come, Lord Jesus.  

He knows.  Jesus the Christ knows that our hearts are not ever fully at home in this world, but He also knows that everyone who calls on His Name will only be here temporarily.  And even if this day/season/stage feels like forever...it's not, and it won't be.  

Forever will be together with our Lord, and that will begin when He comes.  Come, Lord Jesus.  

This isn't a death-wish, because we each have much to do today for the Kingdom of God.  Keep living for Him!  

But (at the same time), none of us need to feel guilty about hoping-in/and hanging-on/and quoting our new favorite verse:

He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!”

Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!  ~Revelation 22:20

What's your favorite Bible verse? 

That's mine!  

And I like how Cece Winans sings about it: 

Come Jesus Come, by Cece Winans
Sometimes I fall to my knees and pray
Come, Jesus, come
Let today be the day
Sometimes I feel like I'm gonna break
But I'm holding on
To a hope that won't fade
Come, Jesus, come
We've been waiting so long
For the day You return
To heal every hurt and right every wrong
We need You right now
Come and turn this around
Deep down I know this world isn't home
Come, Jesus, come

~~~

He who is the faithful witness...  ~Revelation 22:20

He has seen it all.  He created it all.  And He watches it fall.  He sees His children, and He sees the world falling down around us.  And to all these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!” (Revelation 22:20).

Until our faithful witness comes, we can hope in Him.  We can expect Him.  We can hang on today in anticipation and peace of Him.

And we can memorize our favorite Bible verse.

He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!”

Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!  ~Revelation 22:20  

Blessings,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Devo 1065

Corona Devo 1063

Corona Devo 1064